Has Theresa May gone far enough on Immigration?

12345 ... 25

Re: Immigration

Yes Dottie,

Enoch Powell has been vilified time and time again over his outspokeness on immigration by the persistant so called do gooders and champions of political correctness, whose continuous betrayal of the indigenous Englishman has caused more harm than Mr Powell's speech ever did. He was one of the few politicians who had the vision to see the ultimate conclusion of unregulated immigration and the protection of our borders.

The trouble is the people with the money and therefor the power in this Country are not directly affected by the day to day problems we all face. They are mostly busy sqirrelling their money away so that in the event of the ultimate conclusion happening they will be up and away.

Re: Immigration

Dottie,

You quote the Rivers of Blood speech by Enoch Powell, his speech is coming ever closer because nearly every politican to a man or woman are petrified to speak out on immigration for fear of losing their career in politics because they fear being branded a Racist by the Politically Correct and the do gooders who do not represent the majority of people already living here in the UK.....
I have friends from various countries who know this country is full and bursting....

Controlled Immigration is fast becoming a necessity!
The political party that steps up to the plate and suspends immigration and then controls immigration will gain so much more support than they will lose from the Politically correct and do gooders pulling their votes....

Are you listening Mr Cameron or any Tory MP that want to gain the peoples support.

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Just out of a point of interest hasn't anyone wondered about why this government is saying multiculturalism has failed in this country, yet the are not only advocating faith schools they are prepared to fund them as well....

Take in Glasgow Scotland were there is already a huge clash of faiths catholic and protestant....
The Scots are just tackling this faith divide to what success I am not at all sure, now we have the Muslims/Islamic people thrown in the mix... and before anyone goes on about me being racist, this has nothing to do with race or religious intolerance...

My thoughts and point is more about government after government that are throwing in these situation were people get distracted by these issues and spend all their time arguing over something that is easily solved by controlling immigration.... every government does it because if they get us arguing amongst ourselves they can get on quietly destroying public services, the NHS, taking payments from disabled people....

Don't get blinded with something that most people on here agree on which is.....

Multiculturalism does work but we need it controlled, by what means I am not sure but a good place to start is from a guy on this site called the Oracle....

We should suspend immigration for 5 years until we take stock of who is already here....
Then say introduce a points system...
No benefits paid until you have paid into the pot for 5 yrs......
Have a skill that we can't easily fill with people already here.....

There that is a starting point anyone want to add to the list!!!!

Any ideas are welcome because anything is better than just leaving the door open for anyone to cone here and have us Tax Payers supporting them until they get work....
Peter C
Rookery Rookery

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Add to points system -     perhaps take an English test after, say, 2 years.
                                   Take an oath of allegiance.
                                   Remove anyone immediately found guilty of teaching children to hate
                                      other races and religions.
John C John C

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Only one problem Rookery, where do we remove the native population that teach their children to hate other races/creeds/religions etc?

If you put children of all kinds together when young and away from adult intervention, they will get along with some squabbling about who plays with what. They inherit their hates from us adults!
Rookery Rookery

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

I agree John that children pick up a lot of hate views from their parents but schools and madrassas play an enormous part in poisoning childrens minds.      Watch  Channel 4 tonight.

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

John C,

Rather than pack these people who teach hate in schools, as a better way to deal with them by given very long prison sentences and stop turning a blind eye by doing nothing.....

Totally agree with you guys, children will play together regardless of colour, race or religion...

I wonder why this government is promoting individual faith schools, all they are doing regardless of those who may be teach hate in these schools, they are helping religious divide and not integration.....
Peter C
MK MK

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Peter Carstairs,
I didn't mean to spin what you have written. My only reason to write a message here is people are feeling so much hatred against immigrants. Why? Why? Why?

Aren't these immigrants the most law abiding people/nationals here in the UK. Atleast this is what the impression radios give. Aren't they not respecting this country's religion or faith? Have they been blaspheming? Certainly if they have been blaspheming The Church wouldn't be mum on such matters. Aren't they respecting the values of this country?(have they ever said the women here should wear less revealing clothes?

One thing is not clear to me, is there a separate 'shariya' law for muslims here in the UK?

I'm not saying that Australian PM hasn't got right to speak. But, isn't it moral responsibility of someone like her, in office representing a whole nation, to speak morally and rationally and fair and good.

MK MK

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

I didn't know that immigrants can claim benefits the moment they arrive here in the UK. This is a revelation to me. I was of the impression for the first 5 yrs they live here in the UK they will have to support themselves and cannot depend on the state for their survival here.

Another point I'd like to make is, the govt should give  breakup of the numbers of immigrants seeking asylum, how many are coming with highly skilled professional visas, how many are being recruited by the companies directly etc etc.

 It would also help the native people understand more clearly if the govt gives numbers showing how much burden these immigrants are on the NHS housing, education etc etc, in a nut shell how much are they costing the state and the tax payer. none of these figures have been released ever.

I know many immigrants come here directly recruited by the companies, some like docs come here pay few thousand pounds to write a test to be qualified to practice medicine here in the UK. When the spouses come they are not dependent on the state for anything. They are not even allowed to work for first 5yrs after which they get the work permit. It all looks a bit paradoxical. The immigrants cannot work here for the first 5 years unless they have a work permit, let alone claim benefits. But people here seem to suggest that the immigrants shouldn't claim benefits until they have contributed to the tax man for 5 yrs. I think they are only claiming benefits after 5 yrs(well may be,some of them, without contributing to the system, may be the asylum seekers). Are the asylum seekers same as those of immigrants who come here with work permits and cannot depend on the state  for the first 5 yrs?

Well people here ask one of those well known universities, why are they going into Indian universities to get students, giving them scholarships, to do PhD's and Post-Grads here. And more over those professionals coming here to work are the cream of the crop from the Indian universities. People should be happy such people are coming here, ofcourse such people are not coming un-invited. These jobs are being advertised by the UK US Aus NZ SA Russia German French etc etc companies in India. Isn't that an invitation(Australian PM)?

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

MK,

Let's make one thing perfectly clear.... no one hear as any axe to grind with immigrants...
I have not heard anyone say they do not welcome immigrants, in fact quite the opposite, most Brits have welcomed peoples from all countries.....

I think that when English, Scottish, Irish and Welsh are told you can not fly their national flag in case that it offends someone from another country.... its just not on and that is offensive to the English, Scots, Welsh and Irish.

There have been calls for Christmas, Easter to be stopped because people are offended, there are even people who are not native to the UK who purchase goods in shops at Christmas and when the shop assistant serves them and out of politeness says Merry Christmas, the shop assistants have been reported because some person took offense at being wished a Merry Christmas.... its just not on....

British people welcome others here and are very tolerant but even you must admit that when you hear about calls for things like the above...... its no wonder that the natives are starting to feel their ways are being threatened and naturally are calling for their rights to be protected....

Remember if you go visit a friend and let's say the are a smoker and your not, would you expect your friend to stop smoking while you were there or would you say you'll have to put out you cigarette for the sake of the friendship.... I would hope not after all you would be a guest in their home, all most Brits want is that people remember they are welcomed guests in this country...

Not to much to ask, I am sure!

Now let's take your comment on the Australian PM and whether her comments are moral or not....

I say what is moral to you may differ from mine, who are you are I to dictate where she was morally correct or not, that is for the Australian people to determine, after all she is the head of a nation and in public office and if the majority of people didn't like her comments then they can vote her out of office next election or call for her to reign.

Do you hear the voices of the people of Australian's complaining.... No you don't which makes me think that the majority of Australian''s have made it their right to justify her comments by not calling for her resignation..

Why is it any time a person in public office should be silenced from being out spoken and talk freely on behalf off any nation after all they can be removed if the majority don't like what is said, she even declared that the majority of Australian are sick off bending over backwards to accommodate other foreign nationals points of view...

Now you may or may not agree with my views here but then who are you to judge my comments!
I do not mind you not agreeing with my views and you can have your say freely but do not make out any leader of any nation is immoral just because you do not agree and want to silence her are anyone from being free to speak freely.......

Now for your comments about Sharia law here in the UK for Muslims, no there isn't but are you saying that there are not those Muslims who are wanting Sharia law for Muslims in this country.
If you think there isn't, you really need to get out more and socialize, read more....
Not that I presume to tell you what to do, just my advice!

As for whether Muslims being the most law abiding people in the UK is grossly not correct unless you are saying the fast majority of Brits are not law abiding people!!!

Let's keep the debate within the realms of reality and keep it honest, and agree to disagree without very time a person says something you or someone else things.... you know what that was a racist comment or remark....
Stop using the racist card to silence people then you open a free debate, not a one sided debate and let the people decide at the ballot box if they disagree by where they can freely express their views by casting their free votes and then the elected person can say they are justified by the people.
Peter C
MK MK

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Peter Carstairs,

I wouldn't support that English, Welsh or Scottish should not fly their flags. Infact even if someone says english welsh and scottish shouldn't fly their flags, I think it is absurd and the most ridiculous thing. So is my opinion when it comes to not celebrate Christmas or Easter or any religious festivals. Ofcourse it's absurd.

I'm not certainly advocating Shariya law. One law for all should suffice.

My way is the Middle way. I completely agree to disagree. I still stick to my view about Australian PM's remarks. People should act according to their position and responsibility, taking everyone TOGETHER. their each and every remark and act should unite people and ideas creeds etc.Any remarks shouldn't be dividing a group of people from another, having said that I wouldn't advocate to support any bad thing. My opinion is the media the politicians and such people are taking advantage of the differences in the society.

And where does the Australian PM's remarks lead to. What if other countries take inspiration from AUS PM and say the same to other religious people and etc in their countries? What is the difference between her and other radical islamic countries? and what if the Indian govt says to other religious people in India that "India is a hindu country. All the other religious people can just get out. (or something similar)." Not that any Indian Govt official would ever say such a thing. They haven't got those morals nor have they got the nerve.

There is a thin line between being political correctness and being rude to other cultured people. When people don't understand  where to draw the line "Russel brand etc"(not that Russel Brand situation is comparable to banning Christmas. I'm just giving an example.) sort of situations will become a common site and the society becomes ugly. Just to avoid such situations, this political correctiveness has become so prolific in the recent days that it has gone too far. If people just use their common sense and think rationally and act rationally(if not all, atleast those in public domain the media etc ) there wouldn't have been any such debates at all.

Coming to your advice that I should socialize more, I socialize as much as time permits me to. I didn't go to school college or uni or office to socialize, but I'm in general social/friendly with/to people even strangers on the road.

I certainly agree that British people are more tolerant and inviting to other cultured people. They even try and make an effort to call an alien's name properly and even try to speak other languages too. I'm not at all criticizing the British spirit. Infact I'm advocating to  continue the attitude like this.

I suppose most of the countries are very friendly to outsiders, may be except a few radical countries. For ex: even a country like India has welcomed people from all backgrounds and nationalities and faiths for centuries immemorial. Any one who was facing percecution have found a safe and peaceful place in India starting from early christians, sects of muslims Jewish and may be literally all sorts of religious people. Who hasn't gone to India French Dutch Portugese Muslims and ofcourse British. I suppose all the countries are welcoming to outsiders and who wouldn't want to be friendly with an alien/

When a guest arrives the guest and the host, in normal circumstances, try to be polite and respect each others ideas and any obligations etc. This is mutual. So it should be.There is no doubt about it at all.

I shall certainly socialize more, especially with facebook in use. If you don't mind could you paste your facebook id here please, so that I can add you as friend? No just kidding. Just trying tomake this debate lighter.Nice meeting you anyway.
Bye

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

MK,

I don't have Facebook account but if you want to e-mail me directly here is my e-mail address, I am more than happy to to receive your e-mail you come across as a reasonable person and I have enjoyed your debates and reasoning....

email address is ....

[hidden email]

Sent from my HTC

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Hi MK,

Are you watching Dispatches on channel 4 it may give you an insight to why people get upset about certain aspects of that particular faith. It is on channel 4 +1 at 9pm tonight.

Peter from the DavidCameron.com site.

Sent from my HTC

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

MK,

Maybe if you had watched the program called "Dispatches" on channel 4 the other day, you would see what is going on in faith schools of a certain group of people that came to this country and teaching Hatred, Intolerance of the white people from western nations.....

This is not to say every faith school is making such teachings but it does give you an insight to why people are feeling threatened....

After the airing of this program where are all those good Muslims where are they, why do we never see them out in the streets showing their revulsion at these faith schools teachings..... very very suspiciously quite aren't they!
Peter C
dottie dottie

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Peter, I missed the Channel 4 dispatches programme on Faith Schools...I did want watch it, particularly as Birmingham is my home town and one of the schools is in an area I know well.......I read this morning that the Preacher at that school has been arrested, and the other school which I think is in Yorkshire has closed because of threats.....I think MK has no idea what immigration means in cities like Birmingham.........I still have relatives that live there and go back fairly often.......my sisters grandson has recentlly started school and is the only white child in his class.....In fact I think the latest statistics show that more than 50% of childen in Birmingham are immigrants and that it will soon have the title of the first city to be majority immigrants.......I'm glad I don't live there now, but am sad when I return and see what has happened to my home town over the last 30 years.......and as for integration, it doesn't exist.....the muslims don't want to integrate with white British, we are seen as a lesser form of life
Rookery Rookery

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

dottie, I am pleased to hear the Preacher has been arrested.   I was so angry and upset after the Channel 4 programme.  They were very brave to put it on.      You know I used to be in favour of faith schools.    I was educated in one and so were both my children.  I am C of E but my children went to a Catholic school and had a happy and secure education there.   However if there are faith schools like those shown in that programme then I have changed my mind.   That young people should have their minds poisoned in that way is appalling.  -  a vipers nest in our midst.

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

                Dottie,

If you get the chance somehow to watch the channel 4 "Dispatches" please do watch it, it was horrendous to see and hear what is, was and may still be happening in these faith schools.....
If these kinds of teachings were to be going on in our schools, you would see and hear the Muslims good or bad Muslims included screaming about Racist and Religious intolerance from us but do you hear a single word of condemnation about what is being breached right under their very noses in their own backyard.....No not a single peep out those to claim that its intolerable but when it comes out there are these hate teachings going on.... Nothing!
If it had been about the EDL (English Defence League) they would be scream for prosecutions....

I am not sure but isn't Birmingham not already the latest city in England with the largest population of immigrants!

This guy that got arrested not nearly enough, if you had saw how from the eldest to the youngest were behaving, one in particular look 19 and giving speech on how to treat and look down their noses at the white people, anyone needs to see this program to get a grip on the reality of the problems that the British are turely facing, and yeah I know not all Muslims are the same but really keep their heads down and saying nothing just is not an opinion.
This guy the arrested watch and see what is the outcome of his arrest, not much I would guess, besides from what I saw there will be plenty more to follow on where he left off....

It is my guess that your home city is being given up or maybe better point surrendered to these people, I would like to believe not but after seeing this program if nothing is done from the government and the Muslim community in Birmingham and in fact all over the UK Birmingham is as good as lost.

I agree that most Muslim people, not all but most and some very much more than others do not want to integrate into British society and our government is doing nothing to help the situation by giving tax payers money to build faith schools, this in its self encourages segregation not integration.....

Your point that Muslims look down on us white British people well watch the Dispatches program and you will be left in no doubts that in certain quarters it is so so true what you said.

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Rookery,

I agree its good news this preacher has been arrested, anyone know what the charge or charges are!!!
Let's wait and see what the outcome of any arrest is.....

I also agree that Channel 4 gets huge credit for this exposure of what has and may still be going on in God knows how many other faith schools....
Can you believe that there is not any body of control or checks at these faith schools.

I am church of Scotland but my kids also went to a faith school which was Catholic and they received second to none education.....
I also have faith in faith schools but there has to be openness like there are in the catholic schools were they open their doors to all not like in these Muslim schools where they can and are excluding certain people and only open to the one faith.

Viper nest in our mist is an understatement, these Muslim schools are terrorist training and brain washing schools and even worse the next batch of home grown bombers....

This needs a strong government response immediately!
Peter C
Rookery Rookery

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Perhaps dottie will be kind enough to keep us informed as there seems to be an ominous silence in the media.   Cant understand why this has not been frontline news
dottie dottie

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Rookery, I think they're trying to play it down for fear about reprisals.....the school in Birmingham closed down immediately because of 'safety fears'  worried that youngsters could be targeted by far-Right activists.

As I said in my previous post I actually missed the programme but did try to watch it the next day on 4OD...It said it wasn't being shown at the moment because of a police enquiry following the screening on Monday night so I guess they didn't want to inflame the situation any further by showing it again........I've looked again today but it's still not showing on 4OD.

It will be interesting to hear what the preacher at the Yorkshire school is charged with, most likely assault.
12345 ... 25