Has Theresa May gone far enough on Immigration?

12345 ... 25

Re: Immigration

Yes Dottie,

Enoch Powell has been vilified time and time again over his outspokeness on immigration by the persistant so called do gooders and champions of political correctness, whose continuous betrayal of the indigenous Englishman has caused more harm than Mr Powell's speech ever did. He was one of the few politicians who had the vision to see the ultimate conclusion of unregulated immigration and the protection of our borders.

The trouble is the people with the money and therefor the power in this Country are not directly affected by the day to day problems we all face. They are mostly busy sqirrelling their money away so that in the event of the ultimate conclusion happening they will be up and away.

Re: Immigration

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Rookery Rookery

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Add to points system -     perhaps take an English test after, say, 2 years.
                                   Take an oath of allegiance.
                                   Remove anyone immediately found guilty of teaching children to hate
                                      other races and religions.
John C John C

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Only one problem Rookery, where do we remove the native population that teach their children to hate other races/creeds/religions etc?

If you put children of all kinds together when young and away from adult intervention, they will get along with some squabbling about who plays with what. They inherit their hates from us adults!
Rookery Rookery

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

I agree John that children pick up a lot of hate views from their parents but schools and madrassas play an enormous part in poisoning childrens minds.      Watch  Channel 4 tonight.

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

MK MK

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Peter Carstairs,
I didn't mean to spin what you have written. My only reason to write a message here is people are feeling so much hatred against immigrants. Why? Why? Why?

Aren't these immigrants the most law abiding people/nationals here in the UK. Atleast this is what the impression radios give. Aren't they not respecting this country's religion or faith? Have they been blaspheming? Certainly if they have been blaspheming The Church wouldn't be mum on such matters. Aren't they respecting the values of this country?(have they ever said the women here should wear less revealing clothes?

One thing is not clear to me, is there a separate 'shariya' law for muslims here in the UK?

I'm not saying that Australian PM hasn't got right to speak. But, isn't it moral responsibility of someone like her, in office representing a whole nation, to speak morally and rationally and fair and good.

MK MK

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

I didn't know that immigrants can claim benefits the moment they arrive here in the UK. This is a revelation to me. I was of the impression for the first 5 yrs they live here in the UK they will have to support themselves and cannot depend on the state for their survival here.

Another point I'd like to make is, the govt should give  breakup of the numbers of immigrants seeking asylum, how many are coming with highly skilled professional visas, how many are being recruited by the companies directly etc etc.

 It would also help the native people understand more clearly if the govt gives numbers showing how much burden these immigrants are on the NHS housing, education etc etc, in a nut shell how much are they costing the state and the tax payer. none of these figures have been released ever.

I know many immigrants come here directly recruited by the companies, some like docs come here pay few thousand pounds to write a test to be qualified to practice medicine here in the UK. When the spouses come they are not dependent on the state for anything. They are not even allowed to work for first 5yrs after which they get the work permit. It all looks a bit paradoxical. The immigrants cannot work here for the first 5 years unless they have a work permit, let alone claim benefits. But people here seem to suggest that the immigrants shouldn't claim benefits until they have contributed to the tax man for 5 yrs. I think they are only claiming benefits after 5 yrs(well may be,some of them, without contributing to the system, may be the asylum seekers). Are the asylum seekers same as those of immigrants who come here with work permits and cannot depend on the state  for the first 5 yrs?

Well people here ask one of those well known universities, why are they going into Indian universities to get students, giving them scholarships, to do PhD's and Post-Grads here. And more over those professionals coming here to work are the cream of the crop from the Indian universities. People should be happy such people are coming here, ofcourse such people are not coming un-invited. These jobs are being advertised by the UK US Aus NZ SA Russia German French etc etc companies in India. Isn't that an invitation(Australian PM)?

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

MK MK

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Peter Carstairs,

I wouldn't support that English, Welsh or Scottish should not fly their flags. Infact even if someone says english welsh and scottish shouldn't fly their flags, I think it is absurd and the most ridiculous thing. So is my opinion when it comes to not celebrate Christmas or Easter or any religious festivals. Ofcourse it's absurd.

I'm not certainly advocating Shariya law. One law for all should suffice.

My way is the Middle way. I completely agree to disagree. I still stick to my view about Australian PM's remarks. People should act according to their position and responsibility, taking everyone TOGETHER. their each and every remark and act should unite people and ideas creeds etc.Any remarks shouldn't be dividing a group of people from another, having said that I wouldn't advocate to support any bad thing. My opinion is the media the politicians and such people are taking advantage of the differences in the society.

And where does the Australian PM's remarks lead to. What if other countries take inspiration from AUS PM and say the same to other religious people and etc in their countries? What is the difference between her and other radical islamic countries? and what if the Indian govt says to other religious people in India that "India is a hindu country. All the other religious people can just get out. (or something similar)." Not that any Indian Govt official would ever say such a thing. They haven't got those morals nor have they got the nerve.

There is a thin line between being political correctness and being rude to other cultured people. When people don't understand  where to draw the line "Russel brand etc"(not that Russel Brand situation is comparable to banning Christmas. I'm just giving an example.) sort of situations will become a common site and the society becomes ugly. Just to avoid such situations, this political correctiveness has become so prolific in the recent days that it has gone too far. If people just use their common sense and think rationally and act rationally(if not all, atleast those in public domain the media etc ) there wouldn't have been any such debates at all.

Coming to your advice that I should socialize more, I socialize as much as time permits me to. I didn't go to school college or uni or office to socialize, but I'm in general social/friendly with/to people even strangers on the road.

I certainly agree that British people are more tolerant and inviting to other cultured people. They even try and make an effort to call an alien's name properly and even try to speak other languages too. I'm not at all criticizing the British spirit. Infact I'm advocating to  continue the attitude like this.

I suppose most of the countries are very friendly to outsiders, may be except a few radical countries. For ex: even a country like India has welcomed people from all backgrounds and nationalities and faiths for centuries immemorial. Any one who was facing percecution have found a safe and peaceful place in India starting from early christians, sects of muslims Jewish and may be literally all sorts of religious people. Who hasn't gone to India French Dutch Portugese Muslims and ofcourse British. I suppose all the countries are welcoming to outsiders and who wouldn't want to be friendly with an alien/

When a guest arrives the guest and the host, in normal circumstances, try to be polite and respect each others ideas and any obligations etc. This is mutual. So it should be.There is no doubt about it at all.

I shall certainly socialize more, especially with facebook in use. If you don't mind could you paste your facebook id here please, so that I can add you as friend? No just kidding. Just trying tomake this debate lighter.Nice meeting you anyway.
Bye

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

dottie dottie

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Peter, I missed the Channel 4 dispatches programme on Faith Schools...I did want watch it, particularly as Birmingham is my home town and one of the schools is in an area I know well.......I read this morning that the Preacher at that school has been arrested, and the other school which I think is in Yorkshire has closed because of threats.....I think MK has no idea what immigration means in cities like Birmingham.........I still have relatives that live there and go back fairly often.......my sisters grandson has recentlly started school and is the only white child in his class.....In fact I think the latest statistics show that more than 50% of childen in Birmingham are immigrants and that it will soon have the title of the first city to be majority immigrants.......I'm glad I don't live there now, but am sad when I return and see what has happened to my home town over the last 30 years.......and as for integration, it doesn't exist.....the muslims don't want to integrate with white British, we are seen as a lesser form of life
Rookery Rookery

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

dottie, I am pleased to hear the Preacher has been arrested.   I was so angry and upset after the Channel 4 programme.  They were very brave to put it on.      You know I used to be in favour of faith schools.    I was educated in one and so were both my children.  I am C of E but my children went to a Catholic school and had a happy and secure education there.   However if there are faith schools like those shown in that programme then I have changed my mind.   That young people should have their minds poisoned in that way is appalling.  -  a vipers nest in our midst.

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Rookery Rookery

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Perhaps dottie will be kind enough to keep us informed as there seems to be an ominous silence in the media.   Cant understand why this has not been frontline news
dottie dottie

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Rookery, I think they're trying to play it down for fear about reprisals.....the school in Birmingham closed down immediately because of 'safety fears'  worried that youngsters could be targeted by far-Right activists.

As I said in my previous post I actually missed the programme but did try to watch it the next day on 4OD...It said it wasn't being shown at the moment because of a police enquiry following the screening on Monday night so I guess they didn't want to inflame the situation any further by showing it again........I've looked again today but it's still not showing on 4OD.

It will be interesting to hear what the preacher at the Yorkshire school is charged with, most likely assault.
12345 ... 25