Has Theresa May gone far enough on Immigration?

1234 ... 25

Has Theresa May gone far enough on Immigration?

This post was updated on .
Has Mr Cameron gone far enough or should he take the much stronger stance like this speech from Australian Prime Minister.....

Have a read below see what you think....

Australian Prime Minister does it again!!
This woman should be appointed Queen of the World.. Truer words have never been spoken.

It took a lot of courage for this woman to speak what she had to say for the world to hear. The retribution could be phenomenal, but at least she was willing to take a stand on her and Australia 's beliefs.

The whole world needs a leader like this!

Prime Minister Julia Gillard - Australia

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It.

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves in the UK , WE will find the courage to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

If you agree please SEND THIS ON and ON, to as many people as you know.
Peter C
Th4e Oracle Th4e Oracle

Immigration

I have yet to hear any definate intentions from this government about curbing immigration.
I am sure that there must be some MPs on both sides of the house,who feel the same as a
large proportion of the population, that immigration is out of control. In an attempt to
keep the subject a no go area by preventing people from speaking their views through fear
of being called racist, it seems even the representatives of the populous have been
silenced. Surely there are some amongst you who have the intelligence to see what is
happening and what the ultimate conclusion will be if action is not taken.

My own view is that immigration should be halted for a period of 5 years to enable
us to take stock of the situation. I don't believe that the Government has a clue exactly
how many non Brits there are in the country. The systems of keeping track are obviously
inadequate and the utterly ridiculous way of dealing with illegal immigrants by giving them
a piece of paper and telling them to report to Croydon just beggars belief. Do you honestly
believe they are not going to disappear as quickly as possible.

As most people know, student visa's are one of the most abused systems. The majority of the
colleges that are supposedly teaching them are companies set up by foreigners to beat the
immigration laws. I cannot understand why there is such a problem in tracking them down and
closing them. Even at Bona Fide Universities like my local one,they say foreign students
are happy to pay their first year's fees just to get into the country. Then somewhere along
the line they just disappear.When our own young people are denied places at university why
are so many places allocated to non Brits? I suspect money in the short term regardless of
the long term consequences.

Diversity is one thing, forced integration is something else. It isn't working. The country
is full of ghettos, added to which the lack of Governments protection of our own culture
is causing resentment on a large scale. Would English people be allowed to demonstrate in
these islamic countries as various groups do here? I doubt it. We are expected to abide by
the rules of their countries including dress codes and the same should apply here.

Let me be clear in that I have no dislike of any specific nationality, I just feel that
I am not living in my own Country anymore.
Rookery Rookery

Re: Immigration

I agree.    Lets hope that Mr.Cameron's speech today will help the situation with those that are already here.  The more that come in the bigger the burden on housing, schools, hospitals, transport etc.   These areas are already at breaking point in some areas.
John C John C

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Can't happen in this country for two reasons.

1. We have no control over our borders. The EU now dictates who we can or can't let in.

2. When they arrive, we can't deport them if they break the law due to their human rights (see item 1).

It's like that old saying, rule 1 I am always right and rule 2, when I am wrong rule 1 applies.

PS enough of the australian PM says. It is near enough on every topic now!

Re: Immigration

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

John, my apologies to you since it would appear you have had enough of the Australian PM's speech....

I have to say it is very important that this topic is kept at the forefront in my opinion and if my mail box is any way in judging how important it is....

My mail box has been filled with 350 emails backing this every day since I first posted my comments...

Just one other point it is not been posted on every topic other than those people who started a topic on immigration or multiculturalism.....

If you aren't interested maybe skip by my comments and ignore them....

Thanks for your input anyway....

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

John,

Point taken on having no control over boarders because of EU controls.....

If you are against the EU controlling our boarders or anything else they impose on this country can I suggest you follow this link and join to add support on the promised referendum by my Cameron...

www.eupledge.com

Once again point taken and the Australian PM says stops as well, I think I have made the point by the e-mail I am receiving everyday now and it is being circulated through Facebook and Twitter....

Thanks again John
Peter C
Patricia Legge Patricia Legge

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

I have always been of the opinion that we should live and let live and that if someone wants to come and live in Britain then they should be allowed to do so.
I am now finding that my views are changing due to the fact that if we went to live in some of these countries which Mr. Cameron was talking about then we would have to adapt to their laws, they would not tolerate us behaving in any other manner than they allow.
I think it has gone beyond a joke, we have to watch what we say, think or do, yet if it is vice versa things are different.
I do think there is predjudice on all sides of the argument, yet I think many are coming into this country merely because they see us as a soft touch where they can hold their hands out and receive anything they feel they are entitled to.
I think it is time to say enough is enough and like other countries close our borders to anyone, let them see we mean business and will not tolerate such behaviour.
I think if these immigrants are not happy with how they are living then let them go back to their own country and see how they like it there.
I know this probably sounds awfull but it's getting trully rediculous for British people living in Britain.

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Patricia,

No your thoughts and opinion does not sound awful, in fact I would say the majority of the public would agree totally with everything you say, off course their will be those that will be shocked to hear people starting to voice opinions like you and many others are doing on this subject, do not let anyone deter you from making your point!
Peter C
John C John C

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Wasn't having a go Peter, just saying that if you keep making the same comment it can devalue others you make as some may skip what you say and miss valid points. As for referendums being held on anything involving the EU happening, well I will look out for airborne porcine animals as politicians from all parties have promised these at one time or another and failed to deliver.

By the way, what's a 10 letter word meaning liar? Yup, politician.

[...]

As most people know (apart from politicians) student visa's are one of the most abused systems. The majority of the colleges that are supposedly teaching them are companies set up by foreigners to beat the immigration laws. I cannot understand why there is such a problem in tracking them down and closing them. Even at Bona Fide Universities like my local one,they say foreign students are happy to pay their first year's fees just to get into the country. Then somewhere along the line they just disappear.When our own young people are denied places at university why are so many places allocated to non Brits? I suspect money in the short term, regardless of the long term consequences.

At a time of stringent cuts to our public services we cannot afford to support hundreds of thousands of immigrants. Our education, transport, health and benefits systems just cannot cope indefinately and something needs to be done now. Next time it wont be the Banks who almost bankrupt the country but the ever increasing drain on our resources caused by the needs of just too many people.

Tory policy is look after No.1 well it's about time you stood up to the EU and fought for the rights of English people in their own country.

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

John,

I didn't think you were having a go at all..... after reading your comments I realised that it was most probably OTT and devalued my points as you said people could skip what I say.....

Peter C
rayhegarty7 rayhegarty7

Re: Immigration

Thank you so much for forwarding this e-mail. We could not agree more with every sentiment expressed. We wish no harm to anyone, however we are concerned that we are sleep walking into a disaster for our children's future if our Gov't does not stand up to the prospect of a Caliphate or the dreaded Sharia law  - perhaps allowed in predominantly Muslim areas - Birmingham / Luton / Leeds / London/etc etc.  Every time a Mosque is built it is seen as a victory and part of their colonisation programme. It is heartening to read that in Switzerland the population were able to vote and took the view that no further mosques would be allowed to be built. WHY CAN'T we be given that right here ?.
We conclude by adding once more that we agree with every word of the Australian Prime minister - we would now like to be able to hear our own Prime minister speaking the same language. It is a shame we are tied into the European court of Human Rights. We do sign up to Human rights in so far as Maslows' hierarchy of needs for Human existence is concerned, plus others such as no torture etc. But we must maintain our own way of meeting these needs and not be dictated to by others.
It clearly is time for the Western world to stand up to Islamification. Words only hurt because they take away the freedom for extremists  to do as they like in our Country.  It is  better to use words rather than guns or violence which we fear will be resorted to if Government does not take control and stand up to the world of Islam immediately.

In a message dated 10/02/2011 21:01:07 GMT Standard Time, [hidden email] writes:
[...]

http://have-your-say.915577.n3.nabble.com/Immigration-tp2424939p2468972.html
To unsubscribe from Immigration, click here.

Re: Immigration

Hi Ray, thanks for you input.....

I am not sure if you know about the website on forcing a referendum on our future with the EU

If you haven't go to.........       www.eupledge.com

Sign up and force Mr Cameron to give us the referendum in the EU he promised us....

They have No excuse not to, they can't blame the black hole, can't blame Mr brown or labour its bull to say he signed us up and can not withdraw, oh and they can not blame the snow lol
Peter C
derfledermause derfledermause

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Hang on!!!, has anybody stopped to ask the NATIVE Australians what THEY think of the evil immigrants who came to their shores, took their country off of them, then made them stateless?. Australia is the MOST RACIST country on earth. This is the most glorious example of why immigration should be stopped immediately.

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

derfledermause,
Are you advocating that because once upon a time in History people colonized in new found lands when the world was flat and people had little ways to fend off any invading peoples to their shores or were weaker than the invading army......that we should just throw open our boarders and allow our land/country to be taken away from us by immigrants......I don't think so!

Peter C
Pam Pam

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

I have received an email (along with many other people) regarding benefits paid to immigrants/refugees compared to British pensioners, i.e. Yearly payment to pensioner £6000, to immigrant/refugee £29,000.   As a pensioner myself (income yearly less than £4000) I find this an appalling state of affairs.  My brother in law wrote to his MP about this and received a reply that it was all the previous governments fault, but NOT refuting the figures.   While I have worked and paid taxes all my life it seems I would have been better off on unemployment/disability benefit or an immigrant.   Whilst I have nothing against immigrants who come here to work and pay into the system, it surely can't be right that anyone can turn up here and claim benefits which are more than someone who has lived here (and working in some cases) gets in salary and pays taxes on.   This surely can't be the fairer society the prime minister was blathering on about.   As a lifelong conservative, I am already very disillusioned since the election.   It seems MPs will say anything before an election to get the votes but forget manifesto promises when in power.   It's true that the top layer (and much of the rest) will never understand the anger and frustration of the masses, never having worked outside politics and living in a cocoon of wealth and privilege for most of their lives.   Vote Conservative again - no.   Vote at all - probably not.
dottie dottie

Re: Immigration

I recently read online the 'Rivers of Blood' speech by Enoch Powell which he gave over 40 years ago.......He foresaw back then what would happen if immigration wasn't curbed and it is now coming to fruition......what a pity no one listened to him.....If it carries on there will indeed be blood on the streets
mk mk

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

Peter Carstairs I agree with derfledermause. What right have those people who have nearly abolished and thrown the natives of australians out of australia to say other immigrants are not allowed to come. Also like someone said on Radio4 multiculturalism should be like a "Salad" not like a soup where everything is blended into one smoothly. The immigrants should respect the natives values and beliefs while still holding right to practice their own beliefs and values. Otherwise there will be no difference between those redical muslim countries and the UK. I'm not saying immigrants shouldn't learn English, b'se being able to speak in English is for their advantage and makes clear communication possible. The immigrants are not asking the native people here to cover head to toe neither or they asking them stop wearing too much revealing clothes.

The main point I'd like to ask is isn't immigration the natural thing of any living (walkable) creature on this earth? This is the nature of man and animal alike. I'm not saying that the borders should be left unguarded or left open to anyone. Everything in limits. Please don't forget people are emigrating from the UK to other countries as well. How much importance is given to net immigration in the UK. All that people want to say is I see lots of other nationalities here in the UK and I'm not well off. all these immigrants are taking benefits and living here freely.There is tint of jealousy I sense. Many of those well educated are immigrating out of the UK to NZ US and many of the OPEC countries b'se those OPEC countries need these qualified people who have not much value(in terms of salary paid) here in the UK.

Without immigration there wouldn't be many curry houses. Why very often there is this competion between cities to bag the most multicultural city in the UK. Ban it.

Anyone who is against immigration should think rationally and think of it as a 2 way process. Like someone very aptly pointed out "immigration should be stopped for 5 yrs and take stock of what we have and how many numbers we need etc". It just need to be managed properly.

I read this Australian PM's speech. Anyone who advocates that speech think with heart and soul and analyze how much good is there in that speech? Not even a spec. Why do people in ofice make such dividing speeches? Is it ETHICAL or MORAL to make such speeches. Well, it doesn't seem to be to my mind or heart.

People have been pointing ot that a pensioner lives on much less family income than an immigrant. There is a comparision going on here which is based on jealousy and is irrational. If the pensioner needs more income to survive thay should tell the Govt thay need more income to survive. the point to be noted here is how much family income does a pensioner need in comparision to an immigrant family with children and their needs like education, health clothes etc?

The answer to this big Immigration is people need to think rationally especially those in the GOVt(without making provocating speeches), and make ethical and morally right policies. I'm still of the belief that the Govt is hiding the fact that "this country depends on immigration too much for ex: NHS doctors and nurses many of those IT professionals" and just to bag the votes want to be seem as if it opposes immigration. B'se those immigrants have no say or voice here still.

the universities give many of those students from Arab countries b'se they pay the tuition fees(remember the universities charge too much extra for foreign nationals) in full upfront. Well who is in loss here. People don't think about all these things do they?

Re: Has David Cameron gone far enough on Immigration?

MK.....

You are welcome to have your right to differ from my opinion but you do not have the right to spin what I am actually saying..... for example....

I am not against immigration.......
I am not against multiculturalism.....
I am not against any religious practices.....

What I do think is fair........
Controlled immigration.......
Integration of a multicultural society......
One law to govern all people in the UK.....
Any immigrant choosing to come here to live should accept the rule of law, respect the peoples culture and ways,....
I also believe that no immigrant should arrive at these shores and expect to be paid benefits from working tax payers until the have worked and paid into the pot for 5 years..... I say that because the hard working tax payers are tax directly and indirectly and pay enough without paying for people arriving and not contributed a penny, there are enough working tax payers who complain about people who are native to these shores getting their taxes and see them as scroungers, never mind supporting many more who haven't paid into the pot....

There needs to controlled immigration its that Simple!

I also defend not only the rights for the PM's of Australia to speak as she did, the freedom to speak freely is everyone's right, you can differ from her view as you do with mine but that does not make your view anymore right than mine or anyone else's....

These issues need to be allowed to be raised without being accused as being racist or god forbid the possibility that someone will be "Offended" because people don't agree with a differing point of view from themselves.

I can say I do take your point on the native Australian but only to the point.... because any and every country has to retain the right to say this country is full and we can not take anymore people in..... regardless of historical colonization of any country.

Just one more point to make on multiculturalism, I have friends who are black, white, yellow, who are from many different countries, faiths, diverse religious background, but the main thing is we all respect each others ways and values and accept the one rule of law..... unlike some who want a two tier legal system for example... Sharia law running for Muslim/Islamic people who live in the UK.

Besides how can I not back multiculturalism here in the UK after all we are on country full of Scots, Irish, Welsh and English...

Peter C
1234 ... 25