Governments loyalty to our armed forces

dave 1 dave 1

Governments loyalty to our armed forces

Here we see once again,from these MPs,showing once again how they valued are armed forces,by cutting them in half.Is this the special covenant that they promised to our armed forces,before they came to power.These lads are putting their lives on the line for this Country.Our MPs stand in Parliament and praise the men who have died in the line of duty.All the MPs are doing is paying lip service for the benefit of the people of this Country but there is no sincerity behind their words.Commodities to be got rid of.
johnc_9 johnc_9

Re: Governments loyalty to our armed forces

The only MPs that have any loyalty to the military are those who have served, and they are few and far between!
Harold Bastow Harold Bastow

Re: Governments loyalty to our armed forces

Dave The cut in our forces is a big mistake as you say, we might quite easily need them at home as well as abroad.The cuts in the police force is also a bad move,does the goverment not see what could be just around the corner in this fair isle of ours.We hope it will never come but we are no safer than these other countries that are having a forced change in thier goverments.We know the people who run our country are a load of rubbish,but they are at least our own British rubbish.Keep our armies and our police force strong for the future

Re: Governments loyalty to our armed forces

Harold,
It always happens that at the end of hostilities the Government carries out drastic cutbacks in the manpower of the armed forces, it happend after the Boer war in 1902 and when we went to war in 1914 the army was under staffed, poorly equipped and totally unprepared for static trench warfare.
In 1919 again their were huge cuts in manpower for the army and the newly formed RAF was almost disbanded, this meant that by 1937 with war with Germany becoming inevitable once again Britain,s defences were totally under strengh.
Unfortunately politicians  are governed by finances and hardly ever have to take up arms in defence of the nation and never learn the lessons of history.

Re: Governments loyalty to our armed forces

Re: Governments loyalty to our armed forces

Peter C.
The Government will reap the results of their military incompetance when they try to recruit new members of the armed forces to cope with some future emergency and end up with a massive shortfall.
New recruits predominantly come from families with a history of military service, this disgracefull Governments actions will not be forgotten or forgiven in a hurry.