General Election

Re: General Election

Do you want a worthless currency? Have a General Election then! Pound has recovered 2.5 cents since the announcement, easing presuure on both the Chancellor and the BOE. The forecast is that if we can't get a single market deal with the EU our pound will drop to parity with the dollar, making cost of raw materials impossibly high, with huge multiple company failures and job losses. Do you really want that? I say stick with the devil you know. Your points are made about May. She's not perfect; (don't I know it!) but she showed magnanimity towards Leadsom who also has strengths and weaknesses, and she has shown a genuine desire to go with the will of the people. Brexit means Brexit. Who else has had the courage to say that to her European adversaries? Certainly not Nicola. Don't discount her desire to unite our country - I very much doubt if she will have any backstabbers in her cabinet, and that has to be a start. Personally, if Trump gets in in November, she may well start to embrace some of his vision (and Sanders) - get rid of the old Party system altogether and return to the idea of electing an assembly of knowledgeable people, who if they fall down on the job can get kicked out of the Assembly on an annual basis, without destroying the productivity of the good apples. The ancient Greeks can still teach us a thing or two! Personally, I'd give Corbyn a place!

Re: General Election