European Talks

This post was updated on .
Just posted in the Times:

Mr D Akenhead 21 minutes ago
Mrs May has received a sober message, and I hope for her sake and Britain that she listens. I posted this earlier in this long thread, but still stand by every word. The pound is marking time as I write, awaiting a show of unity between us and our European neigbours, and Mrs May needs to adjust accordingly if she wants our City to continue to thrive. Corbyn's ticket endorsed Brexit too and his own electorate expect that - we therefore need to see how we can progress with our neighbours, not with confrontation but harmony if we wish both the euro and the pound to survive. I have always advocated a European Free Trade Area of which we remain a part. It may be a blessing too, that a clear message from Scotland demanding Unity with UK is far more preferable to the breakaway isolation with an unsure welcome on their own in Europe too! I welcome that change, and look forward now, to both the demise of UKIP and the demise of the SNP. I have never voiced differently. If Mrs May is insistent on leading these talks, she needs to understand a bit of give and take here, before any confidence I now lack in her is restored. She also needs to listen intently to Jeremy Corbyn and the opposition.
2RecommendReply
FrogAndProud 12 minutes ago
@Mr D Akenhead I hear you, but I would not bet on it. Mrs May does not listen as you can see from the campaign or her time in the Home Office.
2RecommendReply
Mr D Akenhead 6 minutes ago
@FrogAndProud @Mr D Akenhead well she must; or she must go. It's a simple, and as crucial as that. Thank you for your response. Mr Macron agrees with me too, about the rights of member states to self-determination and self-government! If the EU moves on that, I see no reason we cannot remain members and good neighbours too! Canada is treated no differently, so why not us, for goodness sake!???
2RecommendReply
Mr D Akenhead 55 minutes ago
UKIP and SNP both made statements worthy of thought but both busted flushes now, I submit! Rejoin your preferred REAL parties, I suggest, and forget Hollywood. It ain't real either!
David A