EU and those ex-pats

Re: EU and those ex-pats

Peter,
What I most despise about immigration is that Blair encouraged it to keep wages down and the Tories have done the same as well as importing skills that we should have within the existing population. If we provided good scientific, medical and other necessary education we would not need to employ migrants to fulfill the skills required in our country. But of course it is cheaper to hire skilled workers from other countries - it is a disgrace. Our education system is like a sausage factory but is consistently failing our children and not providing the educated and skilled people we need. It should be free, instead of saddling youngsters with massive debt post university and we also need good apprenticeships to educate all the tradespeople we need. I know that my opinion about free education is likely to go down very badly but education is not only about acquiring knowledge but about youngsters learning to stand on their own feet and expanding their horizons in order to become rounded useful members of society. Obviously our current cabinet are neither rounded, well educated and have very limited horizons, given their failure to run an equal or happy society.  We should not and cannot rely on immigrants to fill the gaps that this government has not and will not address.

Re: EU and those ex-pats

Because I do not care for the tone clearly implied in your blast from nowhere that somehow we ex-pats are all rats! (aka deserters of sinking ship) - couldn't be further from the truth, and your blinkered, blanket, almost xenophobic attitude does not endear when we are categorised alongside the EU as dross! Big mistake, my friend! We have nothing whatever to do with the immigration nightmare besetting you in my homeland; the contrary is the case for the most part, and a strong reason why most of us had to make painful, family-splitting decisions - yes, much of ex-pats' families still live in Blighty, believe it or not, and a large proportion of us are exiles of one sort or another!

So, if you want to keep on the right side of us, don't bad mouth us and somehow equate us with the real culprits for the dreadful dilemma confronting our countrymen and women in the good old UK!

Re: EU and those ex-pats

Re: EU and those ex-pats

Re: EU and those ex-pats

I'm not convinced you are! but at least you are showing you are open to hearing the other side of the coin, (literally!) as I watch both Britain and Canada's currencies benefiting pro tem in the current maelstrom that is the Japanese Yen, the US dollar, and the Euro!

My advice to Osborne is buy gold and silver and raise interest rates and give the savers a well and long-deserved break!

... and think more about benefiting from the ex-pats, than slating them! after all, you tell me the point in biting off your right hand???!!!

Scots, with the possible exception of the Campbells, know when it makes sense to be hospitable!

Re: EU and those ex-pats

Re: EU and those ex-pats

The real culprits are the likes of Cameron, May, Draghi and La Garde, for unsuccessfully leading us up a non-existent path!

The EU is already an anachronism in the eyes of the world! They need to bow their heads in shame, and all, without exception acknowledge their stupidity and resign! but of course, they won't until they are given a hard push!
David A