EU Remain campaign Desperation!!

Re: EU Remain campaign Desperation!!

You are right Peter and it seems it is not just signs of desperation but the real thing.
The whole charade is becoming so political and cliquey behind closed doors that the 'remains' are in danger of shooting themselves in the feet with their totally negative analysis. We are all aware that there will probably be some initial difficulties but there will also be many positives. The harder they try to convince us the more they
disclose their fear that we will vote to leave, and as usual it seems it is all down to money. The only reason they really want us to remain.

Re: EU Remain campaign Desperation!!

... and, for the most part, it's not our money either!!!

Re: EU Remain campaign Desperation!!

Just where does George Osborne get his figures from? As usual it seems he just plucks them from the air. His latest claim being that leaving the EU will cause a
fall in house prices of up to 18% within the next two years and interest rates will rise. Firstly a drop or slowing of the rate of increase in house prices would not be a bad thing and secondly interest rates will rise at some time anyway which would hopefully help those of us with some savings left as the rates being paid by the robbing banks are almost at negative now. They will be charging us to save money soon, if the current trend continues.

Re: EU Remain campaign Desperation!!

Meanwhile the Fed raises base rates! I don't think you have too many worries there. The bankers have been denied their traditional role for too long and have had to borrow on the ever precarious bond market - can't go on, and we all know it! That should be good news for borrowers and a kick in the proverbial for the likes of Draghi and LaGarde! as long as Wall Street prospers, I fear that's the name of the game. Trump is being very clever in championing Sanders. Not only is his nomination now set in stone, but we are witnessing civil war within the Democrats! I think interest rates are set to rise even further, and Carney realises this too! They are waiting to see what happens to Cameron and the Referendum, but rest assured there's definitely a Plan B! It won't be the end of life as we know it, however much dear Gordon and Obama wish to brainwash us into thinking so; and remember Trump supports Brexit!

Re: EU Remain campaign Desperation!!

The remain campaigners and in particular George Osborne and David Cameron are becoming more and more vociferous in their claims regarding the consequences should we vote to leave the EU. So much so to my mind that they have something
they are hiding that they are desperate the public should not find out. Their list of negative outcomes in the event  becomes longer by the day and the omission of not even a whisper that there could be just one possible positive makes me very suspicious of secret deals that may have already been discussed.  Even the most ardent of the leave campaign will concede that there may be some problems initially, in the short term, but in the long term we will benefit. Most of us older
people will recognise the saying "no pain no gain" and I am sure this applies to a leave vote. However, they will not change my opinion that the sooner we are out the better.

Re: EU Remain campaign Desperation!!

The latest scare from Osbourne is that UK pensioners will be £137 per year worse off if we leave the EU, the supposed rationale behind this claim is that £Sterling will drop in value making and that this will push up inflation making the cost of living go up!

Well surprise surprise Me Osbourne, it appears you have conveniently forgotten the pensions triple lock, which will guarantee that UK state pensions will increase year on year by either 2.5% or by the rate of inflation which ever is the greater.
Are you sure you understand the basic principles of economics Mr Osbourne?

Re: EU Remain campaign Desperation!!

Sadly we ex-pats are deemed exempt, so he's right about us!
David A