Drink Driving - zero alcohol level

Jon Jon

Drink Driving - zero alcohol level

I think the time has to totally ban any level of drink when driving. I think 2 units are permitted at the moment. In most professional walks of life, most employers do not allow a single drop of alcohol at work – of course, this covers drivers, air pilots, train drivers etc. Why on earth can we be allowed to drive with alcohol in our system when alcohol 100% affects our body in some form??? Time has come to ban alcohol when driving 100%.
keith keith

Re: Drink Driving - zero alcohol level

i think the present level is fair.if it was zero it would be another pay day for the police to make a forrune from fines.even a glass of wine at night at home would show in the morning.a zero level is rediculous.it would be such easy money for the police that they would not even bother with more serios crimes.

Re: Drink Driving - zero alcohol level

John C John C

Re: Drink Driving - zero alcohol level

Your not right about the zero level policy regarding alcohol. I know for a fact that the railways has a drug & alcohol policy but the limit for alcohol is not in fact zero, it is approximately just under half of what would get you banned from driving. Air lines don't have a zero policy either, just a 12 hour bottle to throttle so that levels would be similar to the railways.....

If you want to ban everything that can cause accidents on the road then you need to ban in car entertainment, passengers (especially kids) and the most dangerous part of a moving vehicle, the nut behind the steering wheel!
brassedoff brassedoff

Re: Drink Driving - zero alcohol level

While I do not condone driving after drinking large amounts of alcohol, I think a total ban would be nuts. Have you considered the amount of accidents that happen, and the fact is that most drivers of those accidents have no alcohol in there blood, so on that basis it would do no real good.
Battan59 Battan59

Re: Drink Driving - zero alcohol level

I understand what you are trying to say as alcohol isn’t responsible for all accidents but if we get a total ban, I think we would be able to reduce drunk driving cases to a great extent. I worked briefly with a Los Angeles DUI attorney and have seen how disastrous drunk driving gets.