Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton

Re: Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton

So what's the choice here? Hillary and a track record longer than your arm! (just measured it!) or Trump blasting on about Nuking people?

I guess Hillary's track record wins this particular race, or should I say the human variety. Let us hope that both she and May both have the humility to recognise their earlier huge gaffes, and make good! Hope springs eternal and pigs might yet learn how to fly!

Re: Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton

Re: Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton

Good post, Peter, and I too have more time for Corbyn than the rest of that shower, and have never said otherwise!

Re: Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton

Me too. I met Jeremy Corbyn at a reception in the House of Commons many years ago and he along with Simon Hughes and Bernie Grant were the only MP's to show their faces - most of the other MP's were next door where alcohol was being served - needless to say our reception was dry. Jeremy was very interested and spoke to as many people as he could get around - he was very encouraging and was really ordinary and human. I have really liked him ever since and admired the fact that be stands up for his beliefs. As for Trump like you Peter I like his anti-establishment stance and can't stand Hillary but I just don't know why - I don't trust her and she is very much part of the American elite/establishment. Trump is dangerous and I am not convinced he is controllable - he obviously has a personality disorder - being a narcissist and he says they most ridiculous things and doesn't have any policies, great with sound bites - just saying he will make America great again is utterly meaningless. Was America ever great - of course not -no greater than any other country with some good aspects and many faults. I would love to see real changes in this country and the US - with genuine people as MP's. I would like to see the EU unravel - I am not sure that will be allowed by those at the top of the gravy train but I suspect it will have to change. Trump may well provoke some change even is he doesn't become president. The corruption in the financial and banking services needs addressing and someone has to pay, and not the average man in the street who usually suffers, but the likes of banking bosses, hedge funds bosses, traders all gamblers, and greedy immoral people like Philip Green who may not have broken any laws but is without a solitary moral.
I have no faith in Teresa May - her record in the Home Office was poor and she is a right wing Tory - she is saying what is expedient but won't come up with the goods - she is cut from the same cloth as Thatcher. This post does sound really negative but looking at what options we have in this country with the PLP trying desperately to oust an elected leader leaving us without a credible opposition and being lumbered with Teresa May and Co[Liam Fox, David Davies, Philip Hammond et al] and Clinton or Trump what hope do we have?