Democracy under attack!

Darwin Darwin

Re: Democracy under attack!

I totally agree.

You once said you found it hard to find common ground with my views, but it's not that hard.

Politics and big business is a game, a big game, it always has been and always will be.
Normal people have never come into it and probably never will.

Think back over the years and you will realise the games they play.

Every Tory government cuts public spending to an extent that it hurts the really needy.
Every Labour government puts it back up to a level we cannot afford.
Every so many years it just see saws backwards and forwards.
Every successive government hacks too many people off.
The Lib Dems just say what they think everyone wants to hear.

I think it's because none of them know any different.

One day, one of them will give to those who need it, and take it away from those who don't.
All the masses want is fairness.

Re: Democracy under attack!

Th4e Oracle Th4e Oracle

Re: Democracy under attack!

There is an old saying "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Successive hypocritical Governments are quick to criticise other countries whilst purporting to be
Democratic. Most of these people don't know the meaning of the word.
Corruption is big business in this Country. The polititians used to at least be cleverer at disguising the fact but nowadays it is so blatantly obvious as to be considered the norm.
England is becoming like a Police State. Once upon a time you felt you could trust a policeman but I'm afraid nowadays there are as many criminals amongst them as in the rest of society. Between them and local council we are forever watched on CCTV and treated like criminals whether we are or not. Our police force like our Tradesmen were once upon a time  envied the world over, now a lot of them are no better than the thugs they are arresting and are not suject to the same consequences for their actions. Like polititians.
By allowing all and sundry into this Country they have allowed these other cultures to
impose their standards on us and if somebody does not take positive action soon God help us all.

Re: Democracy under attack!

Re: Democracy under attack!

Peter in answer to your question.  I'm an honest hard working person who has never stolen a penny from anybody!!! Therefore I don't think I qualify.

Re: Democracy under attack!

Re: Democracy under attack!

Thank you Peter for your kind words.