Death of this Forum

There is no one debating on here anymore.

Has Nabble gave up ever since David Cameron resigned.

Or

Has ever one who were regular contributors to this forum just gave up.

Where have you all gone??

I, like David A have decided to give up debating on this forum, I will pop in to see if anyone comes back but there is no point in debating with ones self.

Thanks to every one of my regular contributors, I shall miss our sometime heated debates but always knowing when to step back and agree to disagree.

Wish you all the very best in your life's.

Re: Death of this Forum

I would really like this forum to continue  or similar. I hope nabble does continue albeit with a different name. I am with you Peter and David!

Re: Death of this Forum

Hi Peter,
I have also contacted Nabble asking them to continue the forum albeit under a different name - I hope our pleas are heard!
a patriot a patriot

Re: Death of this Forum

well I'm still here, don't post  much these days but still have a looksie
dave 1 dave 1

Re: Death of this Forum

We also hope this forum continues under a relivent title.We too have'nt contributed for a while but we still look in.Will bring a topic for debate that I personally feel is very important.Propotional representation.

Re: Death of this Forum

Dear Peter
 Please forgive my absence, I have been busy over the summer, two weeks in Spain and two camping holidays in the UK.
If I may resurrect the topic of Brexit, I am not convinced that Mrs May will fullfil the mandate given to her by the British voters as I doubt her personal resolve to be sufficient to defy the pernicious pressure that Messers Junker and Schultz will bring to the negotiating table when presenting their demands for a post Brexit trade agreement.

They will initially seek to present a punitive deal that would be inferior to that currently available to the remaining 27 member states, if only to act as a deterrent to any further desertions, they will also make demands for freedom of movement in exchange for access to the single market.

However business logic will I believe carry the day because if the UK finds itself punished or threatened it may decide to leave the single market altogether which would leave the German, French, Italian and Spanish car, electronics and white goods industries facing punitive export charges if they are to maintain their biggest sales market in the world.

I feel that all of us who voted to leave should hound our MP's to pressure Mrs May to initiate Article 50 well before Christmas.

Re: Death of this Forum

John K

Welcome back and glad you have been away having a great time by the sounds of things.

It appears the title of this have your say site has died due to the fact that David Cameron has now resigned

I do hope that admin is working on getting a more relevant name such as the one I suggested that being.....

www.ukprimeminister.com

Which would cover any further change in Prime Minister's and keep the site relevant.

Re: Death of this Forum

John K

As you know I am no conservative voter but given the fire state the Labour party is in, I have accepted we will have a Tory government for the foreseeable

So on Mrs May I would say.......

She did herself a great favour by remaining fairly muted during the Brexit debates.

Mrs May did what David Cameron should have done and not to appear to much in favour of leave or remain.
If Cameron had done that hecwoukd have left himself in a good or better position to continue in No 10.

Mrs May is now in a position she can use to her advantage by accepting the OUT result and keeping her power dry until she has formulated as good a Brexit strategy as she can along with other MP's who campaigned to leave the EU.

I agree Mrs May is unlikely to trigger Article 50 before next year and you are right we must apply pressure for this to be trigger before Christmas so as to go into the New Year with a clear way forward and put her case for what Brexit plans she is going to start negotiations with the EU early 2017.

There should be Absoloutly Zero chance of a 2nd referendum on leaving the EU.

The fact is that the Tories with a majority have us a vote on leaving the EU that decision has been made.

Of Mrs May wants to go to the country on an early election next year it should not be allowed to be fought on any party offering another EU referendum it can only be fought on differing views on what kind off Brexit any party may chose to put in their manifesto.

But Definately no rerun of In or Out the EU.

As we discussed at length about Scottish independence referendum the result is the end of the matter not 2nd rerun.

We must not allow the Remainers to overturn a democratic vote just because they don't like the result.

We have witnessed this by the undemocratic EU who make countries rerun election until the get the result they want rather than accept the Will of the people.

Lets hope Mrs May will be moving swiftly along towards making her announcement before end of November 2016

Re: Death of this Forum

Admin

It has been some time since you replied saying.....

"Will Resolve Soon"

Is there any progress as this forum appears to be becoming irrelevant since the David Cameron resignation.