Corbyn's Remark Post Manchester - the pits

Corbyn's Remark Post Manchester - the pits

How can Jeremy Corbyn be considered as an alternative to Mrs May after his recent comment post Manchester massacre of innocents that British involvement in foreign wars was to blame. This sounds to me, and forgive me if I'm wrong, that he is excusing the terrorists for their atrocities, much like he seems to excuse the previous IRA atrocities in this self same city?

I'm sorry, but this is treason, as far as I'm concerned, and I'm sorry too if my pronouncement causes upset, but I will not retract a word of it.

Re: Corbyn's Remark Post Manchester - the pits

Hi David,
The Iraq war opened the door to Al-Quaeda and subsequently ISIL - if Blair and Bush had not gone to war the situation in the Middle East may be very different. Also having been friends with Qadaffi we suddenly became enemies having sold him many weapons as we did to Saddam. Libya is a failed state. We are also supplying weapons to Saudi who are bombing Yemen and supporting ISIL - our foreign policy leaves much to be desired, does it not? We are actually in Saudi targeting sites in the Yemen for the Saudis to bomb - is this acceptable? I think Corbyn had to speak about the tradegy in Manchester one way or the other and he could possibly have been somewhat more subtle, it has obviously angered many and won't help his cause. Our constant interference into the Middle East and also I suspect the lack of a solution to the Israeli /Palestine issue has provoked a hardening of attitudes. We have not succeeded in finding solutions to any of these problems but made them worse. As for Corbyn's relationship with the IRA, he wasn't alone - there were many secret talks with the IRA during that war [ although it was never described as a war - just 'the troubles' - a euphemism for a serious conflict]. He happened to be lambasted for talking to the enemy - someone had to - and John Major definitely did so and did much good - he was the main instigator of the peace process.  All the population in Northern Ireland now have equal rights and votes and not just the landowners, thank goodness, it is sad that so many died in order to get it. Irish history was always fraught with inequality and bloodshed and I hope there continues to be peace. I hope British foreign policy starts to be less interfering and jingoistic and we look to our own shores and sort out the economic mess successive governments have succeeded in getting us into [ apologies for the appalling English].

Re: Corbyn's Remark Post Manchester - the pits

I suppose we must give some of the credit for Northern Ireland to Blair as well ( can't believe I'm saying this!) but about the only decent thing that man did! As for Corbyn, your points are well made, but I didn't shoot him in the foot just as it seemed Mrs May was all of a wobble, did I?!!!