Chilcot Stitch-UP warning

Isn't it time the electorate was told the truth?. Sir John Chilcot Began his inquiry into the war in Iraq before the last general election and was due to report by the end of 2011. However it seems nobody yet knows when the findings will actually be published, if ever. At the rate it is going there will be no answers given until after the next general election at the earliest and questions are rightly being asked as to whose benefit is it that there is continued delay.
wonderhorse wonderhorse

Re: Chilcot Stitch-UP warning

I have had the same thoughts as you, Oracle - I doubt that anyone in the present or previous government wants this report made public - it will probably expose Blair for what he and his minions are, a war criminals.  There never were WMD's, we were never in danger of being attached by Saddam Hussein - the reasons for going to war was based on a pack of lies, and to add insult to injury, it was an illegal conflict without agreement from the UN.  The same could also be said about going to Afghanistan - it was a total waste of time and so many lives of innocent people lost, both Iraqis, Afghans and British soldiers.  I wonder how long it will be before Iraq and Syria and beyond become a Islamic Caliphates and Afghanistan reverts to the Taliban.  We have done nothing, but help the fundamentalist moslims recruit young men and women to their extremist cause. We seem unable to resist meddling into other countries business and making often dreadful situations much much worse!
I fear for the future of our youngsters as I suspect that there is not one politician has learnt any lessons from this recent history - it won't be long before we are poking our noses into yet another country  excuse of giving them freedom and democracy.
It is about time, we the British people, had a true democracy - we don't have one at the moment and what little we do have is being eroded day by day.

Re: Chilcot Stitch-UP warning

wonderhorse wonderhorse

Re: Chilcot Stitch-UP warning

Oracle and Peter,
Again I agree with you both. I think that the issue of Teresa May keeping her job after the recent debacle is a disgrace. I would have thought that using someone from the Social Care inspectorate to chair the abuse enquiry, would be helpful - these people are often from the field of health and social care and have experience in the field. What about a retired director of social services? As a retired social worker I would have thought it would be easy to find someone who is not part of the establishment - someone from Barnardoes or the NSPCC for example. I am baffled by the stalling, but as you say Peter, the politicians would like to kick into the long grass, as with Chilcot, or at the very least stall until after the election. I am appalled - these people do not give a fig about the survivors of this abuse - just about themselves and hanging on to power. May is an incompetent idiot and should resign. They also do not want the fact that the Iraq war was illegal and so many lies were given to the public and misrepresentations - it stinks! I doubt that the Chilcot report will ever be made public, it will be suppressed, after all what do the British public matter - we are of no account? We get a government whether we want it or not. This bunch did not get a majority and yet they are still in power! We do not live in a democracy.

Re: Chilcot Stitch-UP warning

And so it goes on, and on, and on. Chilcot says the report on the Iraq was will not be published before the election. I ask the question Why Not? He does not appear to have given a reason for the continuous delay in publishing. David Cameron is doing his usual in trying to blame someone else for the delay. He now says it is down to Gordon Brown because he delayed in getting the inquiry started. Bullshit Mr Cameron. This inquiry was started in July 2009 and completed in July 2011. They have had nearly 4 years to publish their findings that is longer than the actual
inquiry. How much are these people being paid that makes it worth stretching publication out forever? No wonder the national debt is growing when your Government continue to waste our money, because as sure as night follows day we can bet that none of us will be any the wiser anyway.
wonderhorse wonderhorse

Re: Chilcot Stitch-UP warning

You are correct,Oracle - I suspect that the entire house would love this report to disappear and delaying it is the vain hope we will all forget and it will lost and forgotten forever.  Most MP's are without shame and have no integrity and seem to think that they are not answerable to the public who actually pay their wages, they are our employees. This enquiry has cost a fortune and we still haven't seen justice done and I doubt we ever will.
I think the same may well apply to the Sexual Abuse enquiry - still hasn't begun in the hope it will be forgotten thus protecting the perpetrators, some of whom may still be in parliament.
I have no faith in our government, they lie, cheat, chisel, are arrogant and seem to believe that they are above the law. Wouldn't it be great if we could sack the lot, introduce a proper system for elections, that is PR, and start all over again with proper democracy and MP's who, by and large, represent their constituents.
Wishful thinking, I know!

Re: Chilcot Stitch-UP warning

wonderhorse wonderhorse

Re: Chilcot Stitch-UP warning

Peter,
You are correct again. I hadn't thought of the issue of our 'special relationship' with America - which I think stinks. Cameron and preceding Prime Ministers have always been enamoured of the US and do their bidding even if it means going into an illegal war. I cannot imagine why anyone would be influenced by George W Bush - he was an imbecile, really dim, just wanting to make a name for himself without a second thought about the lives that would be lost as a result of his ridiculous jingoism - the man is a fool.
The result of this illegal war and our interference in Afghanistan is a further surge in fundamentalist Islam - these young Moslems have yet another excuse for jihad [and let's face it they didn't need much].
Cameron is now toadying around Obama, it is utterly nauseating. If he is not making a complete fool of himself by saying the first thing that comes into his empty head [he seems to do this increasingly] he is fawning over Obama or Arab potentates. He should withdraw from our relationship with Saudi, Quatar,  UAE and any other middle Eastern states supporting Al-Qaeda and/or ISIS. He and his minions are gutless and should get the Chilcott report out asap and before the election.

Re: Chilcot Stitch-UP warning

Sir John Chilcot knows that the release of the conversations between Blair and Bush will likely involve some members of the current Labour Party such Miliband and Ball who may have been privy to those secret negotiations and are therefore guilty by association almost to the same extent as Blair & Brown. This could seriously effect the Labour election campaign, perhaps by delaying the release he perceives himself to be above reproach as far as interfering in the the electoral process.

If that were the case I cannot understand why Cameron is not insisting on early disclosure, unless Cameron was also involved in tje conspiracy for war against Iraq!
fiferalfa2 fiferalfa2

Re: Chilcot Stitch-UP warning

Yet again we have another establishment cover up it crosses both parties the difference between them is minimal if any,  there will also be a cover up in the paedophile investigation that is going on into the alleged westminster  paedophole ring they are all as bad as each other only for themselves.
It would be something if they stopped lying especially the bush puppet Blair

Re: Chilcot Stitch-UP warning

Re: Chilcot Stitch-UP warning

Peter C
Yes Saudi Arabia is the breeding ground from which all Wahabi fundamentalists groups have drawn inspiration, however IS is proving to be the uncontrollable genii that the Saudi's have let out of the bottle, two weeks ago IS fighters attacked a Suadi border town killing many soldiers including a Saudi general. It is ironic that the Saudi Royal family who have always covertly supported Wahabi terrorism are the most decadent Sunni Muslims in the Islamic world.

http://releasechilcot-ukip.nationbuilder.com/?recruiter_id=52587

Re: Chilcot Stitch-UP warning

Why is Thersa May still in a job? Peter you asked this question back in November
when the first two Chairpersons of this enquiry had both stepped down. Apparently the rest of the "committee" have continued to investigate but it has now been
reported that they too are calling a halt and have suspended any further work. It was reported yesterday that a file was presented to that old witch Margaret Thatcher regarding the "unnatural" sexual behaviour in Westminster that she immediately slapped  the proverbial "D Notice"on citing grounds of national security, has been uncovered.
It sickens me to the stomach that none of the victims of this inquiry will ever receive any form of justice before they die, whereas those guilty parties will continue
to be protected and will probably continue their perversions  and their obscene life styles and like Jimmy Saville, if the truth ever comes out, they will be long gone!
It makes me wonder if when these hidden pieces of information come to light, is it that the truth is even more horrendous than any of us could possibly imagine that
ensures an eternal cover up?