Camerons' comment on Christian Britain

me me

Camerons' comment on Christian Britain

Everyone's up in the air over David Camerons' comment that Britain is a Christian country.I thought the Queen was head of the church of England which surely means that Britain, "technically ",  IS A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY!  We have countries that are predominantly Muslim, try telling them your offended by that .

Re: Camerons' comment on Christian Britain

Re: Camerons' comment on Christian Britain

Re: Camerons' comment on Christian Britain

Re: Camerons' comment on Christian Britain

Peter C

The basis of our indigenous culture is a Christian one, our laws are based on Christian principles, so irrespective of the participation of the general public in church ceremonies remaining at the minimum level of Christening's , Marriages and Funerals, at the root of everything we believe ourselves to be, we remain intrinsically Christian!

Re: Camerons' comment on Christian Britain

Re: Camerons' comment on Christian Britain

Like you Peter I am a non believer but accept that ours is a Christian based society
that should be protected at all costs. I do not believe you have to be a church goer
to uphold Christian values i.e. "do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
etc. There is an article in the press today about a British tourist who is being deported
from Sri Lanka because she has a tattoo of a Buddha on her arm which is seen as
culturally insensative to the native's religious feelings.  This is what we should do to
people who try to impose their religious beliefs on this Country. It is not us who offends but those of different cultures and religions who do not respect the indigenous
population of our Country. As has been said many times on this forum if they cannot accept our culture and beliefs they should either go home or be sent home. Sod their human rights, we should come first in our own Country.
dave 1 dave 1

Re: Camerons' comment on Christian Britain

Peter,I think that there are more people in this country with a Christian based faith than what statistics show.People have moved away from the Christian Church,not because they have no faith but because we have evolved into thinking for ourselves and do not need to go to Church to be preached at.I for one would not like to be forced to attend Church as was done in the past,just so they could rule people and I would not wish to give this freedom up by having other faiths force me to attend their religious establishments.I and my family have a spiritual belief based on some Christian values.We,like many others in this Country,would not show up in statistics.
adminukpolitics adminukpolitics

Re: Camerons' comment on Christian Britain

i think his comments have more to do with UKIP than eucharist

Re: Camerons' comment on Christian Britain

susiepooh susiepooh

Re: Camerons' comment on Christian Britain

This really is ludicrous. Of course we are a Christian country by history, governance and tradition and we must hold on to that, otherwise we would lose everything of our own rich culture and heritage. I don't want my country to be one where people walk around in silly masks and try to change what they have come here for - by living in Britain, multi-cultural or not, new comers must adapt to the culture they have chosen for the sake of peace and prosperity. Who wants to look at them anyway!
susiepooh susiepooh

Re: Camerons' comment on Christian Britain

You are right, but what are you and we trying to prove and to whom? We know what we are, what we believe in and frankly are fed up having to justify our existence!
petter55 petter55

Re: Camerons' comment on Christian Britain

Yeah you are right susiepooh!! If you are in Christian community then you have to hold this tradition with full respect. I want to read more relevant points on Christian values.