Borrowing money to give to other countries

Frank Frank

Borrowing money to give to other countries

How can David Cameron justify giving millions of pounds in aid to other countries when the UK's borrowing is at an all time high. He is using the National Debt as a reason for making drastic spending cuts e.g. increasing VAT, abolishing free swimming, only increasing the basic state pension when successive governments have encouraged saving for retirement, etc. etc. Also can we afford the cost in life and cash in keeping our troops fighting in foreign countries when we are having to borrow money to do so.