Bbc Call it for...... LEAVE

Re: Bbc Call it for...... LEAVE

Pinch me! I can't quite believe it! Rule Britannia!

Re: Bbc Call it for...... LEAVE

Re: Bbc Call it for...... LEAVE

Well who would have thought it? Sadly Peter, Nicola Sturgeon thinks otherwise. However, I think other European Countries will be queuing up to leave anyway.
I'm so pleased though that the British people have had the courage to stand up and be counted.

Re: Bbc Call it for...... LEAVE

Re: Bbc Call it for...... LEAVE

We won - I am amazed and I think we may well see the whole edifice of the EU unravel - I suspect that this will herald more referenda in Europe. I do have concerns about Scotland who had voted to Remain - and wonder if this will trigger another referendum to leave the UK - Sturgeon will be hoping for that, I guess,
I think this result is indicative of the nation's distrust and hatred of our politicians and I think the electorate wanted to give them a bloody nose - I just hope they get it and their arrogance and refusal to see the results of their unnecessary continual cutting and threats to public services has resulted in their downfall. They need to focus on the future of our country and make sure that we have a more equal society and start to think about how governments have neglected to sort our the corrupt financial services at huge losses to the general public.
We won and now we can move forward and build a better country!

Re: Bbc Call it for...... LEAVE

Re: Bbc Call it for...... LEAVE

This post was updated on .
It'll be earlier than that, I believe! Tsunami now - brace yourselves! We are not the best sailors in the world for nothing!

Just a heavy swell for now, and already signs that we can more than weather this - with a strong American alliance through Trump we could still emerge extremely strongly through this. I was impressed with his words today. It's time we listened to the man and woman in the street. We don't NEED to belong to a cosy, corrupt cartel. We are already the fifth most powerful nation in the world. It will not surprise me if the pound rallies sooner, rather than later! Courage, my friends. This is a great day for Britain and Nicola Sturgeon and the whole of Scotland and Northern Ireland and Eire will need to take note if things go badly now for the EU which today's markets seem to be indicating with FTSE suffering only marginally against much larger losses with the Dax Cac and Ibex!

Re: Bbc Call it for...... LEAVE

Donald Tusk has stated that the initiation by the UK of chapter 50 of the Lisbon treaty to trigger Brexit, must happen without delay, obviously he see's a protracted period of brexit negotiations as a damaging exercise in fiscal risk management for the struggling € zone, the realisation will I think quickly sink in that a punitive stance by the EU towards an independent Great Britain will only exacerbate the massive stock market losses already witnessed across the EU today.
These are the realities;

The EU must increase the contribution of each remaining member state to replace the shortfalls caused by Credit in the CAP, CFP, and the EU development fund which currently includes almost half of the UK gross EU membership costs. Who will suffer most from these shortfalls? French farmers, French energy consumers, French wine producers, Dutch, French and Spanish factory ship industries, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese peasant farming and wine producing industries. I believe the scale of these increases will fall most damagingly on the weakest and most recently joined EU member states

Peter, I rejoice in the common sense of the British people, Cameron is history, Corbin will not be far behind him, I hope that this will usher in a rebalancing of UK politics where the power of the electorate has supremacy over the ambitions of party politics.

Re: Bbc Call it for...... LEAVE

Re: Bbc Call it for...... LEAVE

Well said Peter, my pride in my national identity is restored, I am content that my single Brexit vote, has in some very small part contributed to the salvation of our culture and our identity as a sovereign people for the future and freed us from the undemocratic European cartel.

Re: Bbc Call it for...... LEAVE

Re: Bbc Call it for...... LEAVE

I would like the whole of Ireland to side with us and abandon their ties to a collapsing experiment which never worked once the pigs in Brussels got greedy and started admitting more and more nations of extremely questionable credentials like Montenegro and now Turkey! I for one, would welcome a complete change in the old division. If the unification of Germany was tough, this should be much easier, especially with HMQ endearing herself to our Irish cousins recently! (in my case, that's literal!) Come on, Nicola Sturgeon, you know in your heart, this is the safest and best way forward - the united islands of England/Scotland/Wales/ Ireland and all the Isles! what could be simpler with goodwill between all of us? As the prophet Orwell's immortal words remind us - "In Unity Lies Strength"!
David A