Afganistan Refugees

martinsfoot martinsfoot

Afganistan Refugees

Dear All
     As much as it is very sad that these people are suffering in there own country, there are probably more people in this country in more debt than these immigrants, that have come on the container ship. You can except people, when the people of this country are out of debt. My dad my grandfather my other grandfather both fought for our freedom and they should do the same. How many Great British people in the two world wars ran away. They are more able than Richard III and he died fighting. I would NEVER desert my country. My mum suffered and copied so they should do the same.

Re: Afganistan Refugees

martinsfoot,

Much as I am in favour of a total block on economic migration into the UK, I can see the extent of the plight of these Sikhes who were part of an extremely small minority in Afghanistan, non Muslims in an ultra islamic state, persecuted and murdered by the majority by the Taliban, for them to travel to the Indian Punjab which would be their traditional homeland, they would have had to travel hundreds of miles across hostile Afghani and Pakistani tribal lands, and then gamble that they had indian passports that would facilitate entry to India.

These Sikhes were probably left isolated in Afghanistan in1948 when the partition of the Indian sub continent took place, and following the massacre by Muslims of over 300 Sikhes on a train going from Pakestan to Indian Punjab were unwilling to suffer the same plight in order to go to the their homelands.

If I had to make the choice, I would rather take in a Sikhe than a Muslim, even though my preference would be that none came in at all.

Re: Afganistan Refugees

Re: Afganistan Refugees

Absolutely agree with you Peter. This Government has failed abysmally in all areas of immigration, be it legal or illegal. There are still far too many people being allowed into the country who shouldn't be here. I too am sympathetic to the plight of those caught up in these religious uprisings in so many different countries but we cannot continue to accept people who could have and should have remained in countries on route to GB. The consequences for this Country, in the not too distant future, if polititians don't get their act together immediately could and may well be catastrophic. Apart from the breakdown of all our public services like housing, education, travel and medical services that are being stretched beyond their limits and the overflowing prison populations that are putting them in crisis also. I have said many times before that foreign residents who commit criminal acts should be deported immediately along with their families, who are their responsibility and not ours. They take the risks and it needs to be made clear that this will not be tolerated and they and their immediate family will be sent back to whence they came. It has become apparent again this week that Government hasn't a clue as to who is entering this country and who is leaving. Millions of pounds have been wasted yet again on the cancellation of IT systems that were supposed to monitor movements in and out of the Country.

I have reached the stage where I try not to think of what is likely to happen in the UK if something isn't done soon to stop the islamic growth here. I know it sounds old hat but failure to heed the visions of Enoch Powell, that despite what the do- gooders say, is showing signs of fruition and will actually happen far sooner than these ignorant politicians ever thought.

I stand by my absolute belief that Religion is the cause of more evil in this world than anything else because basically it is all about power and these power hungry peoples' appetites are never satisfied.

fiferalfa2 fiferalfa2

Re: Afganistan Refugees

I wholeheartedly agree with you Peter if i recollect India is much close to them than we are maybe its because they get everything given them and we get nothing in return we need to get total control of our borders the sooner the better
wonderhorse wonderhorse

Re: Afganistan Refugees

I have been very confused about these poor people trapped in a container. Initially they were supposedly possibly being trafficked  - I find it very hard to understand why a 72yr old man or a young child, a toddler would be trafficked  - I cannot see of what use they would be to anyone? They also must have paid to be transported from their original country which would have cost money, I imagine quite a lot. They are now claiming asylum. I do know that Sikhs are a small minority in Afghanistan but at the moment Afghanistan is not a Sharia state and is not as brutal as it was when the Taliban were in power. I do, however,  expect the re-emergence of the Taliban once all the foreign troops have disappeared. I am wondering if these people have pre-empted this and escaped now or do they have evidence of persecution?
My first instinct is that they are here illegally and should be returned immediately but now they will stay for at least a year during which time they will be housed, fed and receive health care while their particular cases are reviewed.  I am very cynical about this situation and feel that we are so easily duped by very knowledgeable asylum seekers and illegal immigrants.  I have worked as a social worker near Gatwick where we often received unaccompanied children seeking asylum some of whom were not truly escaping persecution.
I know I sound very cruel, but I do have sympathy for those that are truly persecuted and in danger but we need clear, straightforward and strong laws about asylum and immigration. It seems at the moment our laws are very woolly and we need clarity.  The entire issue of immigration needs reviewing. The government needs to listen to the public who do not want immigration and after all that is what democracy is all about. I actually do not dislike immigration as it adds rather than takes, and enriches society, but I dislike being exploited hence my cynicism about the current batch of 'asylum seekers'. I, also, accept that immigration has and will continue to cause problems unless it is addressed.

Re: Afganistan Refugees

Wonder horse

Surely these illegals should be returned to Belgium from whence the started their journey across the North Sea, they are Belgium's problem not ours, Belgium could then deport them to Germany or France which ever is more appropriate, and on and on until they leave the EU or perhaps Belgium could negotiate their return to their tribal homeland in the Punjab directly with the Indian Government, after all their Prime Minister is a Sikh.
wonderhorse wonderhorse

Re: Afganistan Refugees

That makes really good sense to me. It seems to me that we, that is the UK, always ends up here but their journey wherever it started went through other EU countries - we should not be the end point!

Re: Afganistan Refugees

wonderhorse wonderhorse

Re: Afganistan Refugees

Of course - how would they look? Let's face it they don't look up to much now. If I was a foreign politician I would regard Cameron and his posh colleagues with suspicion, they lack calibre of any kind and present themselves as people who believe that they should inherit positions of power by nature of their birth. I find them a most embarrassing bunch and have no pride whatsoever in our present government - they are appalling and seem more interested in impressing the opposite numbers abroad than getting on with issues in this country like the one we are discussing now - immigration illegal or otherwise. I am not so sure about Miliband - I doubt that he will tackle immigration but he doesn't come from such a privileged background as the current bunch of conservatives. I think he is honest but I doubt that this will last long - he will sell out like always. I am extremely cynical about politics in general, I distrust them and find them totally self-interested, often stupid, arrogant, lazy and incompetent. Cameron is on his way back from his holiday to take charge of the situation in Iraq - hard to believe that he is capable of taking charge of anything, he is such a twit! He certainly doesn't engender confidence!
As for the latest bunch of immigrants from the container - I bet they will be able to stay here - they will get excellent legal representation, paid for by the Sikh community, benefiting from our sense of fair play and tolerance. I am not convinced this should happen - they should go to a country with whom they identify, sad but true - we cannot take on every person in trouble landing, on our shores.

Re: Afganistan Refugees