AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

12

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

I do understand what you are saying having worked in Tower Hamlets - there are many Asians and women forced to wear face covering which I abhor. I also would and do not tolerate Sharia law or the Moslem councils who do not protect their females - it does not fit into our society at all. It has taken long enough for women in our society to get freedom let alone another part of society tolerating such archaic habits. There also many Somalis and other people from Africa living within this community some of whom are also Moslem, you are correct.
I believe we are a very tolerant society and should continue to do our best to remain so as in the long term I think we will all benefit but immigrants have to abide by all our ancient and hard fought laws, and freedoms. I also feel that we have benefitted from immigration as it has added much colour and experiences to our own culture and do not have an issue with people of different culture, colour, religion, and creed  as long as they don't try to force it on me and agree to tolerate my society as I tolerate theirs.  We obviously agree more than we disagree except perhaps our voting intention!

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

I agree with you about the DUP, Mary. Ruth Davidson and I feel equally as strongly as you do, with the archaic baggage that that lot have in tow! Mrs May has given Ruth Davidson the assurances she seeks that TM will not allow any bigotry towards, people on account of their sexual orientation, in which case I cannot see her getting a single bill through the House going forward. She has either to call another GE or agree to a full coalition government, which is normally only acceptable in a time of war - and maybe, that contingency is indeed arguable in the light of recent events. Maybe that would be best for Britain, after all! If that were the case, we could send Jeremy Corbyn to Brussels instead. I can't see him doing a worse job than Theresa May frankly, can you?

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

Peter,

He signed up to Brexit - how else did he get those Labour supporters to swing their vote?

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

I agree David trying to get the DUP on side is a risky tactic. This party is living in the past - their attitudes do not fit with the rest of the UK. However,  there are still a lot of Tories who do not agree with gay marriage, abortion and do not support the LGBTQ community but they will have one hell of a fight on their hands if they try to change the law.  Ruth Davidson does not attend the commons but I doubt that May will want to upset her given her success in Scotland. It must have really surprised Sturgeon - she won't get another referendum now luckily. The Scots made that very clear and even the Labour Party managed to take some seats too. I find the DUP's archaic attitudes abhorrent. The other interesting fact about the DUP is that they represent a Protestant working class community so the continuing Tory austerity programme may be extremely difficult to get through hopefully! They want to retain the triple-lock and winter fuel payments as well, so Hammond has shot himself in the foot as he may have less support in the commons than he had prior to the election and he was pushing for a GE. I wonder if he will get sacked and who would take his place. It is hard, at the moment to find anyone within the Tory government, or on the back benches fit to govern the country.
The other interesting issue is Johnson. I guess that he is already manoeuvring to instigate a leadership challenge.  He believes it is his birthright. I think he is a walking disaster mouthing off and is just an embarrassment. All bluff and bluster but empty. He is however very ambitious and ruthless - the behaviour during the referendum is testament to that. He can change sides when it suits his purpose.
I would be surprised if May is ousted before the conferences.  Whatever I may think about May I do think we need some stability before and during the Brexit negociations. I do not think she is capable of getting a good deal - she lacks the skills or the personality. She will have to be reined in and instructed on how to behave, after all she is good at being told what to do judging from her reliance on Timothy and Hill.  I am not very keen on Davis but he does come across as calm and collected and much less aggressive. Fox has a lot of baggage - too many skeletons in the cupboard. I have no idea what his negociating skills are he was totally invisible during the GE.
I rather hope that there will be more of a cross party approach to Brexit but given that May may get the DUP onside that may never happen.
Corbyn was always a eurosceptic so I wasn't surprised when he voted for Article 50. He has the advantage of not being familiar to the bureaucrats in Brussels.  He is a much better negotiator than May, is tough as old boots having been around for a very long time a politician for most of his adult life. He has never deviated from his beliefs, always consistent. He has agreed to stop free movement.  The hard and soft Brexit seems to be something made up by the press. We simply have no idea what deal we will get but Corbyn would go for what is best for the country not what is best for the wealthy.
We live in very interesting times, but also uncertain. The Tories are, hopefully, on their way out or at least will be constrained by their small majority. The DUP cooperation could be a poisoned chalice with their very old fashioned attitudes on sexuality and strict Christian rules.
Osborne will put the boot in as often as possible. He is reeking his revenge on May for his sacking. He really is an unpleasant and spiteful little man. It seems that all his political beliefs can be tossed out of the window when he isn't in power. It suggests that his beliefs are changeable and inconsistent when he can't get his own way and not in a powerful position - what an undignified little man.  He has lived up to everything I thought about him - his belief being that being in power is his birthright - just like his chum Cameron and Johnson of course - not good for the country at all - all lack morals.
I feel that the future is very uncertain for us all and I think the Tories will make even more of a dogs breakfast running the country and Brexit, than the past 7years. I suspect there will be another GE soon - next year or about 18mths down the line. The economy is in a dreadful mess, health, social care and the public services are falling apart - the banks and the city have not been challenged at all and continue to fail to invest, hoarding all that printed money. I think inflation will rise more quickly than intended [it will at least lower the debt], the housing bubble will burst and many will find themselves in negative equity just like the 80's. Carney has been less than clever with his encouragement of a housing boom. This will hopefully signal the demise of the Tories!

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

12