AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

12
dave 1 dave 1

AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

Does Corbyn not realise by calling for the PM.to resign he is encouraging terrorism.The terrorists will be delighted to have brought the Government down.It will show that these terror tactics work and encourage even more terror attacks.Corbyn is making Political Capital out of these attacks and the Media is fanning the flames.Shame on them all.I hope that this man does not become PM.as he wishes to open our doors even wider and let even more of these people into our Country.He certainly is not showing a UNITED front against Terrorism.

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

Dave1

I agree calling for her resignation is a little to far, however, it does highlight Theresa May's double standards and opportunisim

She was home secretary that cut funding to police, slashed the amount of police we have on our streets, hence the reason she had to call the army onto our streets.
The tories have slashed the numbers in our armed forces, why more than the Tories original number's.

She was a remainder that changed to a committed leaver.

She doesn't know which side of the fence to fall, well she does but she likes to hedge her bets on all things and remains untrustworthy on any decision she makes.

Soon the NHS will be gone left to the Tories!!

Is she really committed to what's best for the UK on our exit from the EU....... I don't trust her at all.

Can you imagine her negotiating our exit and with her serial U-turns.
The EU negotiators will be rubbing their hands saying she is wishy washy and back down.

She will get short shrift and sent back with as good a deal as David Cameron got and we all know he got his backside skelped.

Do you trust a women who has backed every Tory policy on giving tax breaks to the most wealthy and more so have slashed the working poor, stole disability benefits, sanctions imposed on jobseekers.

These tories who had the benefit of free education forcing the young into huge debts before they get their first job.

The tories failed on immigration year after year, they have done nothing to close the gates,

Even now after the deaths on our street we here her say "Enough is Enough" but no real actions to boot these people out and any terrorists families gran,  grandad, mum, dad, brother, sister every one gets kicked out.
Maybe then we would see family myers more ready to give up their would be terrorist son's or daughter's.

However, nothing but extended jailing for would be terrorist at a huge cost to the taxpayers and they will have to be released sooner or later.

Do not vote tory there is still a huge need for UKIP to hold these tories feet to the fire to get protection for us peace loving British.

I don't have the luxury of a UKIP in my area but if I had I would still give them my vote, I do not trust this woman nor the tories.

They want to spout their rhetoric keep us safe, look after the JAM 's (just about managing)

What have we heard in their election rhetoric about the help for the JAM' s!!

Tories are also coming for the pensioner's. They are playing down they're coming for winter fuel and bus passes but they will be there as soon as re-elected.

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

Hi Peter,
You have articulated perfectly all May's shortcomings. Her election campaign has illustrated just how awful she is and will continue to be. Unfortunately she will win the election and it won't be long for the electorate to realise that she will change nothing - austerity will prevail, the NHS will continue to fall apart , she will continue with her witless plans for education spending money on new projects rather than give help to the already failing system,  the poor, elderly and disabled will be left and social care will disappear completely. She will not negociate constructively with the EU for our disengagement because she simply cannot contractualise our departure - she is aggressive already before we start - she has no management skills whatsoever and if she is happy to throw in our lot with Trump she is really stupid - he is far to crazy to trust and he changes his mind almost as much as she does. I fear for our future I really do - 5 years of Tory government - it is frightening! The following is an example of the current situation in the NHS:
I had to take my husband to hospital recently for a procedure. He was taken ill very suddenly but still had to wait for over 2 weeks to get these tests. I am just happy that we were able to get the procedure done and value the help we have received, it is of great value and much appreciated.  The place was packed, the staff were overwhelmed and resources obviously in short supply. The staff still managed to be kind, thoughtful and apologetic given the waiting time was many hours - in our case 2.5 hours late. Most of the patients waiting were very long-suffering and only a couple complained which is testament to peoples' understanding of the dreadful pressure under which the staff  work. I don't know how long this burden can continue something has to give and staff and patients will suffer.This is merely an illustration of my fears for the future of our wonderful NHS. As I mentioned previously I could demonstrate other experiences of the cuts in our public serves far too long to post, but for which I have concerns.
Thank you for your post - correct in every way! She will rip the country apart and the average person will continue to suffer with her and her minions in power. It is good to hear, for a change, some accurate critisism of her, on this message board.

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

Iceberg - Bell IslandIceberg - Bell IslandMary, rest assured, she doesn't have that much freedom! She will, doubtless, be aware of what befell her idol, and try to avoid the same pitfalls. I don't envy her trying to appease Donald Trump. It's like taming Caligula! If he's not convinced about climate change, he should come here. Took these last weekend - never witnessed currents and surges quite like these, and that berg is a baby compared with the mountain we had a Ferryland earlier! Trump is exhibiting all the marks of a baby with a massive inferiority complex. I say, treat Germans with inferiority complexes with kid gloves! I hope Mrs May rights her recent wrongs, exhibits strong leadership after her win on Thursday, rounds up all Jihadists and ships them all off to some distant British outpost near the South Pole where they can slaughter one another until the cows come home, before they butcher them as well!

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

Hi Peter,

As I mentioned in a previous post "I have seen the error of my way" fortunately I believe, in time to vote for UKIP. I really didn't want to vote Tory because their
ethos goes totally against the grain. Prior to the last election when I voted UKIP I have been and would love to continue to be a lifelong Labour supporter. However
I cannot bring myself to vote for Jeremy Corbyn and I cannot see a prospective PM amongst their current bunch. There is no one who stands out as a shining light and that is what this country desperately needs. I have nothing but praise for our emergency services whose performance in dealing with the shocking events over the last couple of months has been commendable.  The world is changing and we have to change accordingly and be in a position to make laws to suit us, not Europe. The human rights act needs changing in order to enable us to protect the indigenous population not those who come here with the intention of doing us harm or taking advantage of our misplaced tolerance. Sadly it seems the vast majority of our politicians and establishment are not to be trusted, lying comes naturally and most are totally devoid of any common sense. It is time those in prominent positions who fail in their duties and seek to pervert the course of justice be held to account and not permitted to resign and walk away. My final point is that I am sick and tired of being reminded we are an ageing population. Those who persist in insinuating we are the cause of all the ills in our society should remember that they wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the courage and incomprehensible suffering of our recent ancestors and the hard "young" lives experienced by many of today's elderly who still contribute to the economy of our country. It's typical that insurance companies are not interested in at least covering people for part of their care costs should the need arise as they don't see any money in it, even though there are probably many who would take out insurance and never have to claim.

dave 1 dave 1

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

Hi Peter,you say there is no UKIP member to vote for,so are you going to vote Labour Peter.Corbyn will not get us a better deal with Brexit.He as stated he wants more immigrants to come in.If you are happy with that then fine.I feel the lesser of the two evils as to be Theresa May.

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

Hi Dave1

I must say this general election has caused me so much angst.

I never thought I would consider voting Tory ever but you are right on Brexit and security of this country makes me sway towards my X going next to the Tory candidate.

Jeremy Corbyn has many policies I like and want to support ie: re-nationalisation of the railways, gas, electric, however, he is far to wishy washy on the safety on the citizens of the UK and I am afraid his thoughts on Brexit is nonpluss

SNP do not represent my thoughts on independence, so I can't give them my vote. I believe the SNP need brought down a beg or two.

I have not yet cast my vote, I am so torn as I want the Brexit I "think" the Tories are offering but somehow I don't think Theresa May will be able to negotiate the Brexit this country needs and wants.
I like the sound of Theresa May's comment in regard to altering the Human Rights Laws to kick out would be terrorists.
Again will she deliver........ I don't know!!

I am usually very decisive and have my vote cast as soon as the polling station is open..... Must be a record for me to hold out this long.

My thoughts are, you may well be right right and I should go with my gut instinct and give my vote to tories as on this occasion they appear to be the..... "Lesser of two Evils".

I'll let you know when I eventually pluck up the courage to go do what I thought I never do but know in my heart of hearts I must.

Thanks for your comments it help focus my thoughts and views

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

Dear Peter,

Maybe this exchange I made with Jenni Russell (former columnist on the Guardian) who in her article argued strongly against any endorsement of Mrs May in the Times, yesterday, might persuade you. I seemed to hit a nerve with 165 likes! I like to argue (and try to persuade) with those who have an opposing view to mine!

Jenni Russell 1 day ago
@Mike Isaacs as you may have noticed, that's not the point I was making.  I was pointing out the terrible flaws in May's approach.
Flag18RecommendReply
Mr D Akenhead 1 day ago
@Jenni Russell @Mike Isaacs and I agree with you, that she's anything but perfect, but I also submit that she is the best on offer right now!
14RecommendReply
Mark Smith 1 day ago
@Jenni Russell @Mike Isaacs Jenni,
I find it a little annoying that journalists can be highly critical of our leaders, many times due I accept, but who rarely offer a sensible alternative solution.  Sensible is the key word.
Another annoying thing is the exaggeration and misuse of adjectives: "terrible".
Flag8RecommendReply

Mr D Akenhead 1 day ago
Jenni, as a businessman, I will tell you this for nothing. If Mrs May gets a thumping majority tomorrow, which I believe she has merited of late, many hundreds of thousands of business people like myself will be reinvesting in Britain, and in no small part will like-minded people in the European Union be doing the same. So don't be unduly alarmed by Brexit, I say, the movement is inexorable, and when our colleagues across the divide see the same they will make the necessary adjustment, of that I feel sure!
165RecommendReply

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

Dave1 & David A

I thank you both for your input in trying to steady my swaying and get me focused on which way I ended up voting.

I followed my head and not my heart and voted Tory for the first time ever.

I think Jeremy Corbyn has the best policies but my overwhelming desire for a strong Brexit and then Theresa May saying she will change the human rights act to allow the deportation of would be terrorists won me over and as Oracle said in another post.......

There is plenty time to undo the wrongs the Tories are doing ie:

Favouring the rich at the expense of the Poor, Disabled, the JAM's, our NHS, Social care, Mental Health..... I could go on but won't bother.

The control of our own future out the EU and taking our safety on out streets are by far the most uppermost in my mind at this moment.

To the tories and Theresa May.......

You had better deliver and no wishy washy, u-turns!!!!

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

This post was updated on .
Well done, Peter! All the flak we've taken from Westminster and we are still supporting the Union - says something for the Scotland I love, and may end up averting a Tory rout - then, finally, we might get a bit of gratitude for our loyalty!

Just posted this in The Times:

Mr D Akenhead 23 minutes ago
@hampsteadbloke Right now, Philip Hammond would be my first choice, followed by Ruth Davidson, followed by Theresa May! As I said in an earlier post, despite the bluff and counterbluff, the business community will only thrive if there is harmony between us and our neighbours. Corbyn's ticket endorsed Brexit too and his own electorate expect that - we therefore need to see how we can progress with our neighbours, not with confrontation but harmony if we wish both the euro and the pound to survive, I suggest. I have always advocated a European Free Trade Area of which we remain a part. It may be a blessing too, that a clear message from Scotland demanding Unity with UK is far more preferable to the breakaway isolation with an unsure welcome on their own in Europe too! I welcome that change, and look forward now, to both the demise of UKIP and the demise of the SNP. I have never voiced differently. If Mrs May is insistent on leading these talks, she needs to understand a bit of give and take here, before any confidence I now lack in her is restored. She also needs to listen intently to Jeremy Corbyn and the opposition.
David A
dave 1 dave 1

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

Hi Peter,well done,you finely broke the mould by voting Tory.Theresa May did not win as many seats as I would have hoped to get a clean Brexit but she will have to do the job the best she can on what she as got.It looks as though Nicole Sturgeon did not get it all her own way this time.You were right,she did need bringing down a peg or too.I live in a very Labour controlled area,and if you are not Labour you are not allowed to voice your opinion.We have a saying in my area Peter,put a Labour sticker on a donkey and it will still be voted in.To conclude this post Peter,do not make it a habit voting Tory,lets get back to voting UKIP now.Just joking Peter.all the best.

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

Hi Peter, I know we didn't want the Tory's to get too larger majority but that result is a disaster. Ominous silence from the rest of the cabinet. Let's hope they now get
behind her and all start singing from the same hymn sheet to get a decent Brexit deal. I have a nasty feeling though that that is a wish too far!  Glad that Nicola Sturgeon got at least the tips of her fingers burned and Nick Clegg lost his seat. I'll give it to Jeremy Corbyn that he ran a good campaign and managed to get all the immigrants out to vote for him.

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

Immigrants cannot vote - you have to be a British citizen to vote so none of the Europeans living in the UK can vote or refugees only those born here and with British citizenship are able to cast their vote.
May has now reduced her majority and has a hung parliament. The knives are out now - the Tory party is ruthless when they have a loser in power so May will not last long. Getting the DUP to support her may well turn out to be a disaster too and could well hamper Brexit, but only time will tell.
It is amazing the vile campaign against Corbyn failed - all the revolting rhetoric from rags like the Sun and Mail blew up in their faces and it shows that the public can make up their own minds without the likes of Lynton Crosby using the press to insult and undermine candidates.  Corbyn  always has been a eurosceptic, people have such short memories. We have, at least a real alternative to the right wing and long may it continue whatever your politics - we need real alternatives not another Blairite Labour Party. Hopefully this government will see sense and start spending all that money they have printed to invest the NHS, Social Care, Education and the public services, instead of allowing the banks to hoard it. That is what lost May her majority - austerity and selling off the family plate, the electorate are sick of a lack of services and inequality. Brexit was never at stake, it will and was always going to happen - the Tories misjudged the mood of the people and they are going to negociate Brexit - what a thought!

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

Mary

You are correct, Jeremy Corbyn has dumbfounded his critics big style.

I thought he may have done reasonably well but he went well above my expectations...... I can only eat humble pie for not being able to lend him my vote.

There were two reason's he did not fill me with confidence they were.

1. He did not speak out about the defence and protection of the people, he in my opinion did not do himself any favours on defence.

2. He was very lame in what kind off Brexit he would go for. Had he have spoken out clearly about what Brexit would look like, I would have been in a better position to vote for Labour.

Perhaps in the months to come he will address these two issues, if he does should there be another General Election, I can see Labour with Jeremy's clear alternative to the tory Austerity sweeping into Power.

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

Hi Peter,
I hope you are keeping well.  I can't remember anyone during the campaign mentioning any plans for Brexit - May just repeated the same phrases. Brexit is going to be a long long protracted process and May has already damaged her pitch with her aggression and combative attitude. We have to be more conciliatory and at least appear so and play the long game. It sounds devious but that's what negociating is all about - appear to play the game but make sure you stick to the agenda albeit hidden!
I wonder what you felt was May's plan for Brexit - I have yet to hear a coherent one, except no deal rather than a bad deal - meaningless waffle when it is unpacked. Of course we want a good deal, it would be mad not to want a good deal. Hand holding Trump is hardly going to crack it either - we can't trust Trump he is moving towards isolationism - good luck to him. We need to be part of the world and not just the EU and need to be democratic not like the EU etc. We need a government that is for the people not the elite. As for defence - I doubt I would want to press the nuclear button either and blow us all up and suffer from a nuclear winter, radiation sickness etc. Our nuclear defences are a threat, as much to us, as to the enemy, whoever they may be. I find it hard to believe that Corbyn wouldn't want to protect our country but he just isn't a jingoistic - he would prefer to go down the talking route first - quite sensible when you consider the option of a nuclear war and subsequent devastation. If we set off a nuclear device the consequences are unknown given the power of our current weapons. It wouldn't be like Hiroshima or Nagasaki but far worse. Keep it, which he has agreed, using it is a totally different matter. Is it here to be used or not? I don't know, but hopefully we will never have to find out.
Trump is the man likely to press the button - heaven help us - he is the danger to the world.

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

Hi Mary, Peter,

Just posted my position in the Times today. Now I need to catch up on a bit of work!

Mr D Akenhead 4 minutes ago
On the contrary, we are putting country in line with Party. The country voted for soft Brexit. Mrs May needs to acknowledge this and swiftly reform her confrontational style. Unlike Gordon Brown who was NEVER elected Prime Minister of my country, she at least, asked for that mandate. She has received her reply. She needs to respect the leader of the opposition for his inspired campaign, as well as some of the things that won him acclaim, including the NHS, the education and betterment of our children, and the scrapping of nuclear programs if other much less harmful forms of energy such as solar, are readily available, all of which, as a Tory I endorse. Mr Macron in France, though green on the diplomatic front, is a breath of fresh air in the EU advocating respecting the right of member states to run their own affairs. That's all I ever wanted from the EU and I imagine the vast majority of the British electorate too. Mrs May must now understand that peaceful dialogue and cooperation between us and our neighbours is infinitely preferable to blasted walls! If she is not prepared to accept this message from her electorate, she must go, and fast!

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

Hi David,
I think your post made perfect sense but May will not go fast - she will have to be levered off the door jambs of number 10.  It is amazing how lacking she is in humility, not a word of apology for her misjudgement and no sighting of any of her cabinet.  I am, also,  not all sure joining with the DUP, they are quite a strange bunch, anti-gay, not accepting of LGBTQ community and not exactly know for their tolerance. She will be sacked sooner or later and who will replace her remains to be seen. The Tory grandees will by sharpening their knives, renowned for being utterly ruthless.  She has proved inept as a leader and not accepting of consensus government. I have grave doubts that she will listen to the reasons for her appalling election result and invest in health and education, in spite of the desperate need.  We need inward investment in industry, health and education - but all we have is banks hoarding all the money printed, which is billions now. I don't think the public believe all the rhetoric about the need for austerity anymore - it has failed and now there needs to be a demonstration of the remarks she made in her election as leader, speech - help for the jams and an more equal society for everyone - so far these have been empty promises.

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

I realise that immigrants who are not British Nationals cannot vote but many of these terrorists and would be terrorists are the sons and possibly daughters of British Nationals and that is how they repay us! Jeremy Corbyn remains in favour of free movement and the single market. When UKIP under Nigel Farage campaigned for Brexit their two priorities were Sovereign Rule/Parliament and Immigration so the people who voted to leave (the majority) knew exactly what they were voting for. At least the Tory's gave us a referendum albeit misjudged as far as they are concerned. I do not believe Jeremy Corbyn would give us the choice.

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

That is something we will never know. Our country is made up from immigrants over the centuries  - we are all mongrels  to an extent. I have no idea what my ancestors were - could be Vikings [violent aggressive and landgrabbers] could be Norman, [nasty, power ridden landgrabbers who introduced the fuedal system], but not recent, as far as I know. I fail to see your point - why should we be repaid - for what? Colonising their countries, and helping ourselves to their riches, selling slaves - starting illegal wars in their countries, I could go on. We gave many of the people in our colonies British passports. We asked people from the West Indies to come over to work here - the Windrush bought them. The Ugandan Asians had British passports. Etc etc. Immigrants from the EU have no right to vote.
There are some young people who have been radicalised and are absolutely appalling,  committing disgusting atrocities, but these are the few compared to the many who do not do such things. It was ever thus - there were atrocities committed in World War 11 - the Jews, Slavs and Roma killed in their millions.
We should know who is entering this country and be aware that we cannot support mass immigration and Corbyn is aware of these issues. We simply don't have the infrastructure or services, already stretched and starved of money, to cope. Corbyn is not the dopey, soft leftie that he is portrayed and proved that during his campaign. He has been in politics for most of his adult life and much closer to the electorate than anyone in the Tory party.
I don't understand the point you are making saying that the Corbyn somehow managed to get the immigrants out to vote for him - oddly enough lots of 2nd /3rd generation immigrants with businesses are Tories.
I am a firm Brexiteer and await the outcome of the future negociations. It is doubtful that we will not need immigrants given that this government has failed to invest in much needed doctors, nurses and other professionals - this is sad and a disgrace.
As for Jeremy Corbyn, he has yet to get into power and if he does finally win an election we will see what he does and doesn't do. His manifesto was pretty clear unlike the Tories, whose was vague, and contradicted once known to the public. UKIP is a spent force unless Farage reappears - that seems likely.

Re: AS CORBYN LOST THE PLOT

All politicians are aware that open borders cannot continue but none of them will do anything about it unless they are led kicking and screaming. I do not have a problem with western European immigrants as their culture is similar to our own. They are prepared to integrate and do not create ghettos, living as they do in their own countries, and eventually forcing the indigenous population out of their lifelong homes because they feel like foreigners in their own country. The east end of London is a typical example. London now has 44% of its population not born in Britain. Islamic culture and religion is completely at odds with the culture and laws of this land and we are far too tolerant and the more we let in the more likely it is that there will be more terrorists. I did not say we should expect to be paid but we certainly don't deserve to be killed at will by people whose intention is to rule the world. The west African immigrants are suffering because mass immigration has been forced upon us and like many indigenous people are becoming marginalised.
If we are such terrible people why are they all coming here and seeking to bring not only their immediate relatives but their extended families. When in Rome..... and I firmly believe in that adage. Even Austria are now banning the burka.
I am well aware of our history but it was not the ordinary man in the street that raped these countries it was aristocracy who benefited and became richer and richer.The working classes of that time gained nothing, and it remains the same to this day. It's the working classes who have to live side by side with these people and suffer the consequences of over population, no homes, no school places for their children, waiting for hospital treatment etc.etc. All these politicians can stand up there and say we are proud of our tolerance but the result of too much tolerance doesn't affect their lives. I've no doubt Jeremy Corbyn knows all these things and he could safely make promises in the Manifesto because it was not going to be tested. Maybe in the future, who knows, but not with my vote.
12