A win-win solution for LEAVE and REMAIN

think4thebetter think4thebetter

A win-win solution for LEAVE and REMAIN

IF WE VOTE REMAIN NOW WE CAN ALWAYS HAVE ANOTHER REFERENDUM IN A FEW YEARS TIME

If there was a large majority in favour of REMAIN or LEAVE then the referendum would be a resounding success. But today, the Remain and Leave groups seem to be fairly evenly divided, maybe at most 55-45 either way.

Even a 60-40 split is not a satisfactory result as it will leave a large minority of people unhappy. And a divided country is going to suffer.

Many countries require an overwhelming majority (eg 2/3 or more) if they want to make changes to the constitution.

Having obtained concessions from the EU, it would be rude now to walk away. However, we can keep our options open:

   • We can vote REMAIN but consider the EU to be on probation.

   • The threat of a future LEAVE could keep the EU focused on achieving real improvements.

   • If the EU starts to put its house in order and go in the direction which benefits the UK, then a new referendum can be put off till a later date.

   • But if we are unhappy with how things are going because promises are not being kept, we can have another referendum when we choose. And this time it is likely to be a much more resounding result rather than a feeble 55-45 split.

On the other hand, if we leave now, there will be no going back and many may live to regret that decision.

So keep our options open by scheduling another referendum!

In hope of better things,

Think4thebetter - An Englishman in Europe

Re: A win-win solution for LEAVE and REMAIN

Think4thebetter,
My advise for you is get a life! You need to research exactly what the EU is and more importantly where it is going and the means it is prepared to use to achieve it's aims or the effects on the rights of the individual to have real input into the democratic process or indeed to be listened to.

Essentially the choice before the British people is not an economic one, it is not even a nationalistic one either, it is a choice between democracy or plutocracy. If we remain in the EU do we need the expensive facade of a UK Parliament when law making, economic decision making and commercial regulation making powers all reside in Brussels with the unelected hierarchy of the European Commission which in time will reduce the EU Parliament to nothing more than a rubber stamping forum for the power of the elite in this 21st century feudal system.

Re: A win-win solution for LEAVE and REMAIN

I am decidedly with John Kelly on this. Voting remain will give Schauble everything he wants - supreme power! Already he is lining up the Pensions for the axe as I write, because he thinks the old and infirm are the weak links in society, and drastic economies are now become a prerequisite for Draghi's ill-advised quantitative easing, a euphemism for stealing from the public purse and increasing the overall Sovereign debt of Europe, and racking up the Euro with negative interest rates - except it didn't work because the rules are global and NOT that of a cosy cartel as he would like to think!, and now he has egg all over his face, and must make the economies! So we have these two idiots threatening us with dire consequences, and a diktat that the single market will be closed to us - but strangely not to anyone else, including Canada, Norway, Switzerland etc.! and then we have our traitors, in the forms of Osborne, Cameron, Brown and Blair and the Kinnocks, who would all sell their grandmothers to protect their opulent I'm alright Jack existence! To hell with the lot of them I say. Yes, it will be painful, no doubt about that, but voting remain is the same as saying to the Third Reich, you won after all, Herr Fuhrer. We are your slaves, to do with us as you will. Who was it who said 'Oligarchy is one step away from Tyranny'? It's not just a Plutocray, John, and the world can do without Dracos at this difficult time. I think think4thebetter you should change your name to think4theworse!
David A