A B I L L To repeal the European Communities Act 1972 and related legislation; and for connected purposes

A B I L L To repeal the European Communities Act 1972 and related legislation; and for connected purposes

House of Commons 2nd reading of the European Communities Act 1972 (Repeal) Bill will take place on 26th October 2012.

Please contact your MP to support the Bill through the Commons

European Communities Act 1972 (Repeal) Bill

A B I L L To repeal the European Communities Act 1972 and related legislation; and for connected purposes.
Presented by Mr Douglas Carswell MP,
supported by;
Mr Philip Hollobone MP, Steve Baker MP, Mr Jeffrey M. Donaldson Mp, Philip Davies MP and Mark Reckless MP.
Ordered, by The House of Commons, to be Printed, 20 June 2012. European Communities Act 1972 (Repeal) Bill

A B I L L TO Repeal the European Communities Act 1972 and related legislation; and for
connected purposes.

BE IT ENACTED by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and
consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present
Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—

1    Repeal of European Communities Act 1972

(1)
      The European Communities Act 1972 is repealed.

(2)
      Secondary legislation made under that Act shall continue in force unless it is
      subsequently amended or repealed, and any such amendments or repeals may
      be made by statutory instrument subject to annulment in pursuance of a
      resolution of either House of Parliament.

2    Orders

(1)
      The Secretary of State may by order made by statutory instrument repeal any
      Act which is rendered obsolete by virtue of the repeal in section 1.

(2)
      No order may be made under subsection (1) unless a draft of the order has been
      laid before and approved by a resolution of each House of Parliament.

3    Short title, commencement and extent

(1)
      This Act may be cited as the European Communities Act 1972 (Repeal) Act 2012.

(2)
      This Act comes into force on such day as the Secretary of State may appoint by order
      made by statutory instrument.
(3)
      This Act extends to England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.